The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Random question.. Who's playing guitar on HAG? It sounds like Mark to me.. This is one of the reasons i dont like that record that much, it seems like Mark is playing much of the guitar parts. Before, if Mark came up with the song or a riff, Tom would at least record the guitar even if Mark made it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, anders182 said:

Random question.. Who's playing guitar on HAG? It sounds like Mark to me.. This is one of the reasons i dont like that record that much, it seems like Mark is playing much of the guitar parts. Before, if Mark came up with the song or a riff, Tom would at least record the guitar even if Mark made it.

Mark did guitar on quite a few songs for that record, yeah.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, anders182 said:

Pretty sure it was said Tom hadn’t even heard the song until after it was fully recorded. I’ve only read that on here so I’m sure someone might have a source for that.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Pretty sure it was said Tom hadn’t even heard the song until after it was fully recorded. I’ve only read that on here so I’m sure someone might have a source for that.

I think it was the Google interview, Tom said "I literally had nothing to do with that song".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjVMaY1zgXQ&t=1407s

1 hour ago, Drunk said:

I also wonder if Mark had anything to do with Snake Charmer and Wishing Well for example. 

I’d say that it’s more likely that he did have at least a little but to do with those songs due to the fact that both he and Travis were doing their recording in LA and Travis definitely did the drumming on those tracks. I can’t imagine Travis getting songs from Tom and while working on them not having Mark come into the studio to check them out/tweak them or whatever. 

3 hours ago, anders182 said:

Mark has played guitar on most, if not all albums

Mark played significantly more guitar on Neighborhoods than any other blink record. He’s written parts but I’ve never seen or heard any evidence that he’s on the actual recordings.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Drunk said:

I also wonder if Mark had anything to do with Snake Charmer and Wishing Well for example. 

Considering Snake Charmer takes the exact same tune from The Machine (the bonus alt mix of Start the Machine from WDNTW), I'd say Tom was definitely involved with that song. 

• Like 1

On Neighborhoods, it sounds like Mark recorded all the guitar parts of Heart's All Gone, Kaleidoscope, MH and Fighting the Gravity. Basically the songs he wrote really. I'm assuming he played bass on the songs led by Tom like Snake Charmer & Wishing Well though because there's no way he'd have no involvement like Tom on the Mark songs.

• Like 2