The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

7 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Never knew there was an instrumental of this track but it's cool to listen to.

edit: that guy has a whole bunch of blink tracks on there with cool shit like that. Have the songs recently had instrumentals leaked or anything?

sounds surprisingly good but definitely run through some sort of filter in audacity or something, making vocals the noise profile. sounds watery and weird at portions, but definitely the best i've heard tbh

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kay said:

I am sharing from reddit so I don’t have to share from blinkitalia

probably just a joke but people love to read into things so, have at it

yes he made that joke on discord tuesday during ASR. some of the followup comments were gold, like "add the guy from heavens." i chimed in with "don't forget that dude from the aquabats."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, boxelder said:

sounds surprisingly good but definitely run through some sort of filter in audacity or something, making vocals the noise profile. sounds watery and weird at portions, but definitely the best i've heard tbh

Yeah, I noticed that more on some other tracks. Checked out Letters to God and you can hear the vocals kinda cut in and out quickly at the start of the last chorus. Legit thought these were the real instrumentals because of how good they sound.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 3:36 PM, Elisa said:

I don't know if any of you is familiar with Dan Ozzi, but he's been hyping his new book for a while now. It came out a couple of weeks ago, it's about punk rock/pop punk and major labels and there is a big chapter dedicated to blink in the book. 

I'm curious about what he has to say about them, I was thinking about getting the book and wondering if he reached out to either Mark or Tom for the chapter about blink. In that case, it would be even more interesting. 

Edit: if you don't know him, he co-wrote Laura Jane Grace's book ("Tranny") and he's been writing about punk rock/emo music for years online. 

I just finished this and loved it. The blink section is only 30 pages long but has some interesting tidbits that either I had forgotten or just a slightly more in-depth. but it does a good job at putting the perspective that going with MCA really was the better choice in terms of getting the band to break huge.... eventually. I wouldn't buy it if you're only getting it for blink as much of the info is just a rehash of the history of blink's formation and dealing with Scott (everything about Scott is from the absolutepunk interview or the more recent ones). Tom isn't interviewed but Rick D is. I get the vibe that Epitaph could of had blink if they really cared about them (they really didn't) and waited too long. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I just finished this and loved it. The blink section is only 30 pages long but has some interesting tidbits that either I had forgotten or just a slightly more in-depth. but it does a good job at putting the perspective that going with MCA really was the better choice in terms of getting the band to break huge.... eventually. I wouldn't buy it if you're only getting it for blink as much of the info is just a rehash of the history of blink's formation and dealing with Scott (everything about Scott is from the absolutepunk interview or the more recent ones). Tom isn't interviewed but Rick D is. I get the vibe that Epitaph could of had blink if they really cared about them (they really didn't) and waited too long. 

Thanks, Kyle! If you loved it, then I'm sure I'd like it too. It sounds like a fascinating history of how all the turn-of-the-century punk/emo bands went mainstream. I'll definitely get a copy now!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Thanks, Kyle! If you loved it, then I'm sure I'd like it too. It sounds like a fascinating history of how all the turn-of-the-century punk/emo bands went mainstream. I'll definitely get a copy now!  

both the my chemical romance and jimmy eat world profiles are extremely interesting too and i went in knowing basically nothing. some green day tidbits i didn’t know either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

I listened to Man Overboard today for the first time in ages. What a belter of a song. Lyrically I feel it's one of Blinks best, what do you guys think is Blinks best lyrical work?

I’ve always loved the bridge on that one.

• Like 1