The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

24 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

That's a bummer. Why is that?

this is mark's explanation:

ugh. people are doing that? i might stop doing it. pls do not. i understand that it can be done easily and that some people miss the streams and want them up to watch later but the whole idea is that it's just for fun right then and then it's done. omg. this is what makes me not want to do these.

then later after the uploader removed the videos and mark thanked him, he posted this statement:

The way I think about the five song streams is this: it’s a moment that should be shared together. Right then. And then no more. I’m just now getting back to playing bass after being sick. It’s like soundcheck. It’s like if we were playing a show and I invited people to come watch soundcheck. But also ask them to not film it. It’s not meant to be a proper performance, or else I’d actually practice beforehand. I think I’ve still been in workout clothes for most of then? All I’m trying to do is play bass and have fun with whoever is around at the time. And learn the songs again. Obv I can’t stop people from ripping it and putting it up somewhere but that’s not my intent. And I don’t schedule them because I want to do it whenever I feel like picking up my bass and playing songs. It’s not a performance it’s just me doing my thing. You’re all welcome to watch and enjoy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The problem is you have to join to twitch or discord or whatever it is and that sucks.

lol. discord is the best thing to happen to the internet since IRC in the 90s.

as for twitch, i don't have any interest in video games but there's a lot of other great stuff going on there.

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

lol. discord is the best thing to happen to the internet since IRC in the 90s.

No, Davey, you’re just old and nostalgic for inferior ways to communicate online. It’s a shitty format, worse than message boards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2