The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

Is it weird that I would honestly rather talk to Mark about Disneyland than blink lol? The things I'd like to know about blink he would never disclose anyway, so it would be a mostly fake conversation and the power dynamic would be uncomfortable. A super fan talking to the boss... sounds awkward and fake. One party (me) has to blatantly kiss ass and walk on thin ice not to say the wrong thing and the other party (Mark) has to pretend that the underling fanboy (me) is an equal. 🤢

I'd rather just hear his thoughts on the upcoming Toontown renovation

I think Tom would be more easy to talk to. Even about Blink stuff. Just a feeling  

Actually I think Tom would be more fun to talk to in general lol 😅.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

I think Tom would be more easy to talk to. Even about Blink stuff. Just a feeling  

Actually I think Tom would be more fun to talk to in general lol 😅.

Tom is more my sense of humor, Mark seems like he’d be more guarded and that’s not fun conversation.

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’d love to hang out with Mark or Tom sometime just because they were my heroes for so long. But I honestly get the impression that Matt might actually be the most fun to hang out with.

Haha this would be a good poll question. I'm not nearly a big enough Alkaline fan to know what Matt's personality is like I guess, during his time in Blink he has not seemed very compelling or fun to hang with IN MY OPINION.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

At least Mark and Tom seem like real people. Travis is a prime example of crazy celebrity life, so divorced from reality. I love the guy and his music but I couldn’t imagine doing anything with him.

Totally. Tom is nuts but in a way that is kiiiiind of endearing? Travis is just a gross LA party monster type dude at this point. It's crazy to look back on when he was the shy awkward little brother whose personality was just being interested in cars and bikes haha

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

At least Mark and Tom seem like real people. Travis is a prime example of crazy celebrity life, so divorced from reality. I love the guy and his music but I couldn’t imagine doing anything with him.

The most I have ever heard Travis talk was on Rogan’s podcast and it was really hard to get through. Super dry and dull, even when talking about interesting shit. #bringbackscott

• Love 2

Tom views himself more as a funny God than celebrity and doesn't take himself too seriously. I would feel uncomfortable being around any idol from growing up but can imagine he'd crack enough jokes to lighten things up. Mark would be awkward and distancy as fuck. Travis would be the least relatable person on the planet.  Scott and Matt would be depressing to me. Although, Matt would possibly have some intelligent chats.

That's my analysis.

I'd take Mark's lifestyle anyday over the others (minus the obvious health complications), but I'd take a beer with Tom first second and last choice.

• Like 1

My list is talking like a one off, get to spend the day with them, have beers, talk rubbish and then that’s it. If I was choosing one that seemed the best to be casual friends with that you’d hang out with all the time I’d most definitely have Mark at the top.