The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

My list is talking like a one off, get to spend the day with them, have beers, talk rubbish and then that’s it. If I was choosing one that seemed the best to be casual friends with that you’d hang out with all the time I’d most definitely have Mark at the top.

Precisely. Mark is easily the consistent friend.

• Like 1

I think I've told this story before, but in 2012 I got to talk for 10/15 minutes with Mark and Skye when I met them outside of the city walls of the medieval town blink was going to play later that night and they were so sweet.

Mark asked me what I was studying and a bunch of very specific questions about the town and its history when I told him that I lived 20 minutes away. He also wanted to know the best places in Tuscany to buy some wine (I don't know anything about wine).
He told me that he was going to come back in a few months to haunt down wines and ship them to his farm in the UK and some other stuff.

I guess that even though he knew I was a fan, maybe he thought I was "okay" because I'm harmless. It also felt a bit like a police interrogation because I was starstruck and it's weird that Mark was the ones asking questions, but he was so nice and genuine.

If he had known that I've spent all my life dissecting and overanalyzing every single thing the band has ever done from 1992 until today, I'm sure he would have ruuuuuuun. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think I've told this story before, but in 2012 I got to talk for 10/15 minutes with Mark and Skye when I met them outside of the city walls of the medieval town blink was going to play later that night and they were so sweet.

Mark asked me what I was studying and a bunch of very specific questions about the town and its history when I told him that I lived 20 minutes away. He also wanted to know the best places in Tuscany to buy some wine (I don't know anything about wine).
He told me that he was going to come back in a few months to haunt down wines and ship them to his farm in the UK and some other stuff.

I guess that even though he knew I was a fan, maybe he thought I was "okay" because I'm harmless. It also felt a bit like a police interrogation because I was starstruck and it's weird that Mark was the ones asking questions, but he was so nice and genuine.

If he had known that I've spent all my life dissecting and overanalyzing every single thing the band has ever done from 1992 until today, I'm sure he would have ruuuuuuun. 

Elisa: Remember that thing you said on April 4 1997? 😆🤣💁🏻‍♀️

Mark: 😶

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

It always weirds me out when I encounter the "always online" types that will respond to you INSTANTLY upon receiving a message. I'm from the era where its ok to let a message simmer for a few minutes (at least) before responding.. I mean you wouldn't want to look like a loser who has nothing better to do right?

That mentality is long gone.

I’ve grown into this mentality. I might wait a day or multiple days to text someone back, come on here two to three times a week to check things. I think it’s just a teenager and young adult thing. I’m nearing 30 and I see a change of behavior in my peers too versus five years ago. You just respond when you feel like it and no one is expecting you to get back to them on any timeline unless it’s some time sensitive question. When I was 16, if a girl didn’t text me back after thirty minutes it was demoralizing lol. It’s weird reflecting on your teenage years being so far removed

• Like 2

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

this is the exact opposite of my experiences with both guys.

Tom just posted a picture of himself at a janky arcade by himself with a beanie on:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYvBaqMLZRD/?utm_medium=copy_link

I don't get the "I'm an LA celebrity" vibe from him. 

Maybe when he was in the blink prime days.

• Like 1

Would love a pint with Tom, we’d talk the most fucking mad shit. UFOs, Saturn, 9/11, holographic universe etc 

Travis second just because I love talking about sex and women. Id wanna know who he’s fucked and their tits and arse ratings out of 10. 

Mark is a bit of a soy boy for me. Into Disney, games for 12 years olds and noncey stuff like that. I still love him but no thanks. 

Matt can get in the bin

• Haha 1

@_Kyle_ @boxelder I just finished Sellout and I loved it. Dan Ozzi was so good at juxtaposing the accusations that stemmed from the music scene politics to the painful realities of major label expectation. My takeway is that some bands are born for that (blink, Green Day, MCR) others are doomed to tragedy (Jawbreaker, Brody Dalle, At The Drive In) and then you have Jimmy Eat World - I love them even more now that I've read that chapter about them! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, theedge00 said:

In the Netherlands there’s a MeToo scandal going on involving some coaches of that talent show The Voice.  

Was thinking I’m that glad Mark, Tom and Travis were never accused of things like that. Would be a hard pill to swallow….

Yeah I’m always thankful for that.

• Like 2