The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

A: nothing you said struck a nerve because nobody was talking skiba. Only you cause you’re obsessed

2: you’ve always been a minor character at best. You’d fit in with the background extras the most but Laura makes the rules not I.

in addition: it’s just shit talking. Stop being such an Ava fan and have some fun

Coight, you're the fucking extra.  You're literally all commentary, no substance.

I am deep bro.  Fucking deep.

Take at least 45 minutes to think about that and then report back.

AvA>current blink.

(sadly CC would also have to be Locke)

• Crab 1

7 minutes ago, Toms_Schlonge said:

Coight, you're the fucking extra.  You're literally all commentary, no substance.

I am deep bro.  Fucking deep.

Take at least 45 minutes to think about that and then report back.

*clears throat while taking off 2021 BOTBM championship crown and begins polishing it*

I’m sorry, what were you saying? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Laura did that bit of directing, you just sort of stood around waiting for your cue, like an extra.

Averagely performed her bit as well. Nearly derailed the entire thing early on bringing California into the bunny discussion. Most extras wouldn't get another chance after that.

• Like 1

Just now, Russel Coight said:

Averagely performed her bit as well. Nearly derailed the entire thing early on bringing California into the bunny discussion. Most extras wouldn't get another chance after that.

You just can’t find good help these days … due to Covid. 

Anyway, this is equally out of left field but I just saw "Jackass Forever" and it was amazing and hilarious and bizarrely heartwarming to see those guys together again laughing it up and just throwing themselves just as hard into what made them so great back in the day.

It made me think of Blink in some ways:

• Jackass and Blink both rose up from the punk/skate/surf community into national consciousness at basically the same time
  • They both blew up in part because of a similar sense of humor that was completely balls to the wall and outlandish enough to freak out parents and authority figures, but was clearly good-hearted and innocent to those of us who were on the right wavelength
  • Another major element to both groups was the camaraderie that was at the forefront, they felt like an extension of you and your moron friends who got lucky and made it big while having a fucking blast
  • They also have gone through periods of serious issues since their glory days - drugs, death, mental illness, losing touch, etc.

This newest Jackass movie is basically a celebration of (almost) all of them getting healthy and finding their way back to each other. It made me think about Blink's version of that, and what it would look like.

I know they are totally separate forms of "art" or entertainment, but this movie felt the way I WISH Blink's last several albums felt. The Jackass dudes are just doing what they've always done and clearly love every second of it. Like Blink, they had this magical unique formula that instantly connected with people, but this movie has no desire to jump onto any trends or modify what they do to better fit in with TikTok vids or anything like that. They seem to just feel lucky to be alive and together and still having the time of their lives, doing their thing.

I would absolutely LOVE if Blink pulled out one last album with the classic lineup that gave off that feeling. Unfortunately between Travis's fame-whoredom and nu-pop-punk hustle, Tom's delusions of grandeur, and Mark's desire for Blink to be relevant in the pop music biz, I just can't quite see it happening. That being said, a LOT has happened with these guys since we last heard them play music together, you never know! Maybe we'll get a "Blink Forever" album someday.

11 hours ago, Speedo said:

Laura did that bit of directing, you just sort of stood around waiting for your cue, like an extra.

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

This is why people like Oliver get up and leave.  You two (+ Kay) are just pawns in the middle while other people have already played several games of chess ♟️.

Sad life.

9 minutes ago, Toms_Schlonge said:

This is why people like Oliver get up and leave.  You two (+ Kay) are just pawns in the middle while other people have already played several games of chess ♟️.

Sad life.

Maybe we are conspiring with Tranny Michelle Obama?

58 minutes ago, Toms_Schlonge said:

Sad life.

The fuck have I got to do with anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think Jan thinks his IQ is 130+ when in all likelihood, it's probably in the mid-90s.

This relates back to the B-movie discussion. 

I'm not sure why I have to be dishonest and like the new modern blink bunny.

I'd be happy to take one by the way, professor, if you can link me? Everytime I take one they want a credit card and sign up to get result.  Guide me.

9 minutes ago, Toms_Schlonge said:

This relates back to the B-movie discussion. 

I'm not sure why I have to be dishonest and like the new modern blink bunny.

I'd be happy to take one by the way, professor, if you can link me? Everytime I take one they want a credit card and sign up to get result.  Guide me.

It’s not because you don’t like modern blink, plenty of us don’t like modern blink. It’s the character you portray yourself as on the board. You have a habit of saying silly things and thinking you drop gold.

• Like 2