The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

44 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Remember Neighborhoods? Pepperidge Farms does! 

Yea exactly. If neighborhoods preorders went up after the Grammys with a single and reunion tour and then came out in June with the reunion tour, it would have gotten way more publicity and eyes on it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Yea exactly. If neighborhoods preorders went up after the Grammys with a single and reunion tour and then came out in June with the reunion tour, it would have gotten way more publicity and eyes on it.

Yeah, well, no one gave a shit by then. If if’s and but’s were candy and nuts … labels don’t work that way. They are going to bleed a product dry as long as they can and when excitement falters they’ll drop it and move to the next thing. We are saying the same thing essentially, I’m just saying a label won’t go for it.

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

2008-09 was when i truly became a fan of the band, and waiting for neighborhoods was truly one of the most dispiriting experiences. countless headlines with updates like “we’re working on it!” that just stunted the momentum and enthusiasm of the well-received reunion. could’ve been huge if they’d done like you said. FOB is a fair comparison in terms of crossover appeal and influence and the way they architected their return back in 2013 (for better or for worse) set the trajectory of the whole period for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Probably a benefit song.

Yeah, certainly reads like that. Makes sense, he did put together All That's Left is Love very quickly when Covid had set in.  As an aside, love that song, wish it were on Lifeforms.

The closest comparison I can think of is John Frusciante rejoining RHCP. The band made a quick announcement last year when he decided to come back, then quietly just went to work up until a few weeks ago when they released their new single along with a ton of press about the reunion and upcoming album.

That being said, John Frusciante is WAY out of the public eye compared to Tom haha, so if they really are going to get back together (which still seems far fetched to me) it would be a good idea to just keep it under wraps until they have something to show for it.

2 hours ago, kibbles said:

Where's this Jason Tate teasing at? Hype speculation is the only exciting times

In his weekly newsletter. Last week’s he said this (last sentence)

“This morning, I interviewed one of the bands that will be opening for My Chemical Romance on some of their reunion dates later this year. It’s been a while since I’ve done a band interview, but this is a special reunion that means a lot to me because of my history with the band for something like twenty years now. It was a whole lot of fun to chat on Zoom with the band and reminisce a little bit while talking about the future and this new opportunity. The announcement and interview should be coming on March 9th, so keep your eyes open for that one. (And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!)”

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

So, whichever band he's talking about will be opening for MCR... am I reading that right? Doesn't sound like blink, if that's the case.

Last line. “(And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!)”

Two big reunions happening this year according to him.

Bu the whole “20 year history with the band” thing does fit with this bloke and blink. But there’s no way they would open for MCR. 

• Like 2

Blink is such a large band that if Jason tate knew about a secret reunion that’s already planned, it would have already leaked by someone else imo. 

It does line up though, Tom brings back blink anytime he has a movie to promote. /s

• Like 2

god hes getting so old

cant believe this life is unraveling like that,

us too soon enough are going to b old sticks.

i wonder what (u know whos name here)

will look like when hes 60 ahah

when i was young id think, i dont have to worry about being old, its in so long

what a fallacy that was, i just tought that me losing myself in the youth moment

was gonna make it somewhat forever i think

2 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

god hes getting so old

cant believe this life is unraveling like that,

us too soon enough are going to b old sticks.

i wonder what (u know whos name here)

will look like when hes 60 ahah

when i was young id think, i dont have to worry about being old, its in so long

what a fallacy that was, i just tought that me losing myself in the youth moment

was gonna make it somewhat forever i think

Yea he just barely survived intense cancer and full of radiation ya twat

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

Not a fucking chance blink are opening for those chemical nonces. They should be on their knees kissing the floor blink walk on

Read the full post. The point is the reunion that guy knows about and is most excited for ISN'T the other reunion of some other band that will be opening for MCR, but that is another reunion happening this year all the same. 

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Read the full post. The point is the reunion that guy knows about and is most excited for ISN'T the other reunion of some other band that will be opening for MCR, but that is another reunion happening this year all the same. 

Read the post yourself. At no point in the post does he the other reunion is the one he is most excited for. 

“(And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!)”

If anything, what he says about the first band that is opening for MCR makes it sound like he is more excited for that based on his history with the band and that he called it a “special reunion” for him.

Bits from his other posts.

[quote]I don’t mean to be too coy in other tour news, but I heard about a tour being billed as a “reunion tour” for later this year that has me very excited. So, fingers crossed on that little birdie.[/quote]

//next week

[quote]The tour I hinted at a few weeks back? I got confirmation it’s happening later this year. This is going to be a big one.[/quote]

//next week 

[quote]This morning, I interviewed one of the bands that will be opening for [REDACTED 🙄] on some of their reunion dates later this year. It’s been a while since I’ve done a band interview, but this is a special reunion that means a lot to me because of my history with the band for something like twenty years now. It was a whole lot of fun to chat on Zoom with the band and reminisce a little bit while talking about the future and this new opportunity. The announcement and interview should be coming in March, so keep your eyes open for that one. (And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!)[/quote]

This is combination with Tom recently saying in an interview he has to schedule his TTS stuff around some other things he has going on later this year 👀

26 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Bits from his other posts.

[quote]I don’t mean to be too coy in other tour news, but I heard about a tour being billed as a “reunion tour” for later this year that has me very excited. So, fingers crossed on that little birdie.[/quote]

//next week

[quote]The tour I hinted at a few weeks back? I got confirmation it’s happening later this year. This is going to be a big one.[/quote]

//next week 

These two make me excited. I can actually believe these could be about blink with Tom back.

Don’t call it a reunion tour though. The band didn’t break up and go their separate ways. Tom left. Mark and Travis continued without him. Blink-182 continued. Don’t do Matt dirty like that after he kept the band alive for all this time. OG lineup tour or something like that would be perfectly acceptable. Although I still hold out hope for a 4 piece.

• Like 1