The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I don’t think it’ll be blink. I highly doubt they’d call it a reunion tour at all.

totally seperate but this just happened to me -

ive been spending friday mornings wasting 45 mins for a train (I get dropped off early) and I ended up bonding with the train cafe waitress, we spend most friday mornings chatting like teenagers about absolutely everything.

this morning, I walk in and she’s got Fire In A Nameless Town playing and I was like… you like AVA?! And shes like “Yup, I love AVA and blink, my favourite bands”

I was shook! We spent the whole time chatting about blink and she’s as much of a nerd as the rest of us!

I have never met anyone who likes them as much as me, I’m surprisingly happy haha we’re both shocked it hasn’t come up before haha

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I don’t think it’ll be blink. I highly doubt they’d call it a reunion tour at all.

totally seperate but this just happened to me -

ive been spending friday mornings wasting 45 mins for a train (I get dropped off early) and I ended up bonding with the train cafe waitress, we spend most friday mornings chatting like teenagers about absolutely everything.

this morning, I walk in and she’s got Fire In A Nameless Town playing and I was like… you like AVA?! And shes like “Yup, I love AVA and blink, my favourite bands”

I was shook! We spent the whole time chatting about blink and she’s as much of a nerd as the rest of us!

I have never met anyone who likes them as much as me, I’m surprisingly happy haha we’re both shocked it hasn’t come up before haha

Start of a new friendship? 😏

She should definitely join the Boards! 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Start of a new friendship? 😏

She should definitely join the Boards! 

She's quite the normie for the most part so I was surprised but yes, new best friend for sure. 

I am not sure I'd want her to see the amount of random shit I've posted on this forum though... she'd definitely reconsider my friendship if she did haha

• Haha 2

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

If she doesn't accept blink boards Kay, she doesn't deserve train station Kay.

Train station Kay is much more employable and fun to be around, though. Blink boards Kay may be on the spectrum. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Read the post yourself. At no point in the post does he the other reunion is the one he is most excited for. 

“(And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!)”

If anything, what he says about the first band that is opening for MCR makes it sound like he is more excited for that based on his history with the band and that he called it a “special reunion” for him.

See its the use of the word 'even' there that implies (to me anyway) "yeah, this is an exciting reunion, but not EVEN the one I've been hyping."  Maybe that's a wrong interpretation. But it's a pretty pedantic correction regardless. Point taken I suppose. Still my main overall point stands, Mr Blonde didn't read through enough and misunderstood what the point of that post is: people don't think the band opening for MCR is the potential blink reunion, it's the other reunion that he only mentions at the end in passing. 

• Crab 1

this part

8 hours ago, kibbles said:

I heard about a tour being billed as a “reunion tour” for later this year

could be that he's saying "yeah they're calling it a 'reunion tour' even though the band never really broke up."

I really don't know if this is blink, but it sure would be cool.

Kinda sad though that it seems to always take one of the band members almost dying for the band to come back. If this happens, they'll probably split up again in a couple years, and then a few years later Tom will fall off a cliff or something and miraculously survive it, and then they'll get back together again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Kinda sad though that it seems to always take one of the band members almost dying for the band to come back. If this happens, they'll probably split up again in a couple years, and then a few years later Tom will fall off a cliff or something and miraculously survive it, and then they'll get back together again.

Tom went from getting back with blink because Travis almost died in a plane crash to wanting to kick Travis out for being scared of flying because he almost died in a plane crash in the span of like 2 years. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Tom went from getting back with blink because Travis almost died in a plane crash to wanting to kick Travis out for being scared of flying because he almost died in a plane crash in the span of like 2 years. 

I don't remember that story exactly, but wasn't that because Travis was threatening promoters and trying to get paid for the tour he wasn't on?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I don't remember that story exactly, but wasn't that because Travis was threatening promoters and trying to get paid for the tour he wasn't on?

That's along the lines of what I remember as well.

• Like 1

Here's the story, as told by Mark:

For the 2013 Australian tour in January, Travis obviously didn’t go on that tour because he didn’t feel comfortable flying, which was a possibility that we had known about from day one. When we agreed to do the tour of Australia Travis said, “I will do everything in my power to get back on an airplane, but if it gets to the day and I’m not ready to go, we need a back-up plan.” As it [came] closer to the time, Travis called me and Tom and said, “I’m not ready yet, I don’t think I’m going to be able to make the flight. We should go with a back-up drummer.” With Travis’ blessing we enlisted Brooks Wackerman and completed the tour.

However, during the course of the tour, Travis and the promoter got into a Twitter argument back and forth that was very contentious and was a lot of stress. Tom was upset, I was upset because it was happening while we were on this tour, and the tour was going very well. Everything should’ve been cool. The promoter thought that Travis had never intended to come to Australia and felt that he had been duped. Of course, that wasn’t the case.

After the tour, Tom was very upset about being put in that situation on tour, where people were threatening to sue, the promoter was angry and everything else. But he was really just blowing off steam. We got back from tour and Tom was having these calls where he was talking about “can we replace Travis, can we do whatever,” but it was really just Tom blowing off steam. There were a few days of calls where I listened to Tom, commiserated with Tom and, immediately afterwards, called up my manager and [said], “Tom’s upset right now, he’s talking about trying to replace Travis, but I’m not into it. That’s not going to happen.” And sure enough, Tom, after a month, called back up and was like, “Hey you know what? I was just angry about it. It was a bad situation, and of course I don’t want to kick Travis out of the band.” I don’t think Tom was ever truly serious about it. Even at the time, I felt he was just angry and he just needed to vent.

https://www.altpress.com/features/tom_doesnt_want_to_be_in_blink_182-_its_obvious-exclusive_interview_with_ma/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Yeah, but Mark left out the whole Travis saying he was going to murder his ex wife thing. 

there was more to it than just Travis asking for money for not even playing. 

Haha jesus I knew there was something else insane that was missing.