The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I see a Tom reunion of some sort happening, but I do think it will mean the band becomes an occasional thing instead of any of their main focus. As that seems to be the only realistic way that the band can move forward while adhering to Tom's wants and desires. 

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

The reunion Jason Tate was hinting at was a Midtown reunion. He was always into the early 2000s pop punk/emo scene and it just makes sense. I knew it couldn't be blink with Tom. 

But is this the one he seemed more excited for, or the other reunion band that will be opening for MCR?

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

You really just live in your own little world don't you?

I mean what are you struggling with here?  There are 2 reunions he's been talking about, and even if you don't accept that the first post I pointed to seemed to illustrate he's more interested in one reunion over the MCR opening band reunion, surely you saw this other post, that clearly illustrates the other reunion seems to be of more interest to him:  

On 3/4/2022 at 1:34 AM, kibbles said:

Bits from his other posts.

[quote]I don’t mean to be too coy in other tour news, but I heard about a tour being billed as a “reunion tour” for later this year that has me very excited. So, fingers crossed on that little birdie.[/quote]

//next week

[quote]The tour I hinted at a few weeks back? I got confirmation it’s happening later this year. This is going to be a big one.[/quote]

//next week 

[quote]This morning, I interviewed one of the bands that will be opening for [REDACTED 🙄] on some of their reunion dates later this year. It’s been a while since I’ve done a band interview, but this is a special reunion that means a lot to me because of my history with the band for something like twenty years now. It was a whole lot of fun to chat on Zoom with the band and reminisce a little bit while talking about the future and this new opportunity. The announcement and interview should be coming in March, so keep your eyes open for that one. (And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!)[/quote]

This is combination with Tom recently saying in an interview he has to schedule his TTS stuff around some other things he has going on later this year 👀

But hey, if you can point out why he doesn't seem more excited for this reunion, or if you can point out why there aren't 2 reunions he's been talking about, then sure, I'll concede I live in my own little world. (@Kibbles, if you skimmed this post, I'm not saying you've misunderstood anything here, this post is just for ole Russel here).

Oh and to answer my own question, it would seem that Midtown is the not the main reunion he was excited about, given that this is the band he said would be revealed in March, and are opening for (at the time of the first mention here, redacted, but presumably MCR as noted in that other post).  There is definitely one other reunion he's excited for that hasn't been announced yet.

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

I mean what are you struggling with here?  There are 2 reunions he's been talking about, and even if you don't accept that the first post I pointed to seemed to illustrate he's more interested in one reunion over the MCR opening band reunion, surely you saw this other post, that clearly illustrates the other reunion seems to be of more interest to him:  

But hey, if you can point out why he doesn't seem more excited for this reunion, or if you can point out why there aren't 2 reunions he's been talking about, then sure, I'll concede I live in my own little world. (@Kibbles, if you skimmed this post, I'm not saying you've misunderstood anything here, this post is just for ole Russel here).

Oh and to answer my own question, it would seem that Midtown is the not the main reunion he was excited about, given that this is the band he said would be revealed in March, and are opening for (at the time of the first mention here, redacted, but presumably MCR as noted in that other post).  There is definitely one other reunion he's excited for that hasn't been announced yet.

I never said there wasn’t two reunions mate. Just that he’s not implying he’s more excited about one over the other.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:12 AM, M!ke said:

See its the use of the word 'even' there that implies (to me anyway) "yeah, this is an exciting reunion, but not EVEN the one I've been hyping."  Maybe that's a wrong interpretation. But it's a pretty pedantic correction regardless. Point taken I suppose. Still my main overall point stands, Mr Blonde didn't read through enough and misunderstood what the point of that post is: people don't think the band opening for MCR is the potential blink reunion, it's the other reunion that he only mentions at the end in passing. 

You answered it for yourself the other day. You decided he was more excited for one over the other even though he never said he was.  

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I never said there wasn’t two reunions mate. Just that he’s not implying he’s more excited about one over the other.

You answered it for yourself the other day. You decided he was more excited for one over the other even though he never said he was.  

After looking through those other posts, I decided the conclusion I drew was correct, deal with it.  You've really done nothing to convince me otherwise.  He genuinely seems more excited by the other reunion than the MCR opening band reunion.  But apparently reaching that conclusion through context clues means I'm living in my own little world LOL.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

After looking through those other posts, I decided I was right, deal with it.  You've really done nothing to convince me otherwise.  He genuinely seems more excited by the other reunion than the MCR opening band reunion.  But apparently reaching that conclusion through context clues means I'm living in my own little world LOL.

Okay so just so we’re clear, in your own head you have decided that you’re right and that means you are but you’re not living in your own little world? Okay buddy.

Anyone get Oliver vibes here?

- I’m right because I say so :

- ignoring points others have made as they don’t support his argument :

- capital letter LOL to end the post :

James is that you?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Okay so just so we’re clear, in your own head you have decided that you’re right and that means you are but you’re not living in your own little world? Okay buddy.

Anyone get Oliver vibes here?

- I’m right because I say so :

- ignoring points others have made as they don’t support his argument :

- capital letter LOL to end the post :

James is that you?

I decided that the conclusion I drew was valid based on the context clues and you have done nothing to invalidate that conclusion.  It is ultimately an understandable opinion to come to, so it's hilarious that you think I'm insane to hold it.

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

I decided that the conclusion I drew was valid based on the context clues and you have done nothing to invalidate that conclusion.  It is ultimately an understandable opinion to come to, so it's hilarious that you think I'm insane to hold it.

I decided that the conclusion you drew was not valid based on the context clues. The author of the posts, hitherto referred to as ‘Tate’ did not show any favour towards either band he spoke of.

The language used to describe the reunion of Band A shows a direct passion and correlation to Tates personal feeling about this bands reunion. “this is a special reunion that means a lot to me” strongly showcases Tates excitement of the reunion of this band.

“..my history with the band for something like twenty years now. It was a whole lot of fun to chat on Zoom with the band and reminisce a little bit while talking about the future and this new opportunity.”  Once again Tate is showicasing his personal realatiomshio with this band he is passionate about and the fun dynamic they share together.

The combination of passion and description of looking forward to fun is more than enough to showcased how excited Tate without directly needing to use the word “excited”. 

The language used to refer to band B was “very excited” and “this is going to be a big one” which, while showcasing Tates excitement over the bands reunion, is a very basic description. He does not go into any detail about his feeling towards the band or why he is excited. This lacks passion and does not showcase to the reader why he would feel any extra special excitement over this band over band A.

Now let’s finish on the last line of Tates comment, which you mentioned last week gave you some difficulty. “ (And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!) “ You somehow took this to mean that previous reunion he mentioned had him way more excited about yet there is absolutely no signs of this based on what he said. He purely wanted to separate the two bands he spoke about so people would not get confused and think he was taking about the same band. There is no comparison used at all between the two bands and his excitement over either in this quote.

In summation it appears that you have once again misread the topic at hand and committed to an idea, one that solely you have, and refuse to see reason. This idea exists alone in your mind and the rest of the readers we’re able to understand his points without any issue. I suggest you reevaluate your stance and your attitude and begin to welcome the help that is being given to you rather than digging yourself into a rather embarrassing hole.

tl:dr

You’re a dumb Cunt. You’ve misread the situation and invented a meaning he never said and then doubled down on it like you do all the time. You’re living in your own little world.

37 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I decided that the conclusion you drew was not valid based on the context clues. The author of the posts, hitherto referred to as ‘Tate’ did not show any favour towards either band he spoke of.

The language used to describe the reunion of Band A shows a direct passion and correlation to Tates personal feeling about this bands reunion. “this is a special reunion that means a lot to me” strongly showcases Tates excitement of the reunion of this band.

“..my history with the band for something like twenty years now. It was a whole lot of fun to chat on Zoom with the band and reminisce a little bit while talking about the future and this new opportunity.”  Once again Tate is showicasing his personal realatiomshio with this band he is passionate about and the fun dynamic they share together.

The combination of passion and description of looking forward to fun is more than enough to showcased how excited Tate without directly needing to use the word “excited”. 

The language used to refer to band B was “very excited” and “this is going to be a big one” which, while showcasing Tates excitement over the bands reunion, is a very basic description. He does not go into any detail about his feeling towards the band or why he is excited. This lacks passion and does not showcase to the reader why he would feel any extra special excitement over this band over band A.

Now let’s finish on the last line of Tates comment, which you mentioned last week gave you some difficulty. “ (And no, this isn’t even the reunion tour I was hinting at last week. I’m telling you: fun stuff is coming this year!) “ You somehow took this to mean that previous reunion he mentioned had him way more excited about yet there is absolutely no signs of this based on what he said. He purely wanted to separate the two bands he spoke about so people would not get confused and think he was taking about the same band. There is no comparison used at all between the two bands and his excitement over either in this quote.

In summation it appears that you have once again misread the topic at hand and committed to an idea, one that solely you have, and refuse to see reason. This idea exists alone in your mind and the rest of the readers we’re able to understand his points without any issue. I suggest you reevaluate your stance and your attitude and begin to welcome the help that is being given to you rather than digging yourself into a rather embarrassing hole.

tl:dr

You’re a dumb Cunt. You’ve misread the situation and invented a meaning he never said and then doubled down on it like you do all the time. You’re living in your own little world.

Alright, I don't mean to sidetrack any more than we already have or anything, but just a genuine question, were you bullied in school? Or maybe a bully yourself? This seems like such an awfully pedantic and insignificant thing to make such a big deal about and write a novel over. But perhaps I'm just not fully appreciating where you've been coming from.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Alright, I don't mean to sidetrack any more than we already have or anything, but just a genuine question, were you bullied in school? Or maybe a bully yourself? This seems like such an awfully pedantic an insignificant thing to make such a big deal about and write a novel over. But perhaps I'm just not fully appreciating where you've been coming from.

Mate you gave me a 20 line rebuttal to my joke of a one liner that kicked this whole thing off. Don’t go calling people bullies and pulling the victim card when I’m only taking what you’ve said and done and taking it to another level just to make a joke.

Just now, Russel Coight said:

Mate you gave me a 20 line rebuttal to my joke of a one liner that kicked this whole thing off. Don’t go calling people bullies and pulling the victim card when I’m only taking what you’ve said and done and taking it to another level just to make a joke.

Your posts tend to deflect, insult, and joke. But legit, I often sense some deep pain behind your posts. I genuinely do hope you're ok and no one deeply hurt you in your youth.  If you insist that such a thing never happened, I'll take your word for it, but truly, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here dude (seriously, not joking).

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Your posts tend to deflect, insult, and joke. But legit, I often sense some deep pain behind your posts. I genuinely do hope you're ok and no one deeply hurt you in your youth.  If you insist that such a thing never happened, I'll take your word for it, but truly, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here dude (seriously, not joking).

Australians shit talk dude. It’s what we do. We don’t take ourselves seriously. Most people can see that pretty easily. Thanks for the keyboard therapist offer but I’m fine.

fuck sake @Kay can you move this whole shit to the rant thread or something. Mike being unable to handle the bantz doesn’t need to clog up this thread.

Just now, Russel Coight said:

Australians shit talk dude. It’s what we do. We don’t take ourselves seriously. Most people can see that pretty easily. Thanks for the keyboard therapist offer but I’m fine.

fuck sake @Kay can you move this whole shit to the rant thread or something. Mike being unable to handle the bantz doesn’t need to clog up this thread.

Alright, I'll take your word on it then.  But legit, if you ever need some ears or a friend, that's all I'm really here for, beyond talking about blink related things of course lol.