The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

55 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Mark looks good with white hair tbh. Was he dying his hair before? Does cancer/chemo make hair go white? I genuinely don't know. My dad went through chemo but his hair was already white before he got cancer.

Mark said the chemo made his hair go white.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chinchillas said:

Mark looks good old (now) that he's fully embraced it.  I would still listen to pop punk by that man.   Much better than the fro-hawk thing that held place for so long.

his hair grew back from chemo naturally gray. and he's growing it out into his old style by the look of it.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Are there any blink-182 songs outside of What’s My Age Again that have different lyrics in every chorus? I wish that was a more common thing in popular music in general.

I very frequently write my choruses like that, because it’s a fun excercise, but it’s a little counter intuitive if you’re trying to write one that’s catchy and memorable because you are changing what the casual audience can remember and sing along to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Are there any blink-182 songs outside of What’s My Age Again that have different lyrics in every chorus? I wish that was a more common thing in popular music in general.

The Mr. T Experience do this in every chorus. Untitled and Apple Shampoo I think too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The only one that comes to mind is Waggy where the first chorus (I think you need some time alone) is different from the other one (I don't wanna live this lie again

Edit: And The Party Song too, but Waggy is a better example because the lyrics are completely different. In The Party Song and WMAA the lyrics are just slightly different in each chorus. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kay said:

I very frequently write my choruses like that, because it’s a fun excercise, but it’s a little counter intuitive if you’re trying to write one that’s catchy and memorable because you are changing what the casual audience can remember and sing along to.

That's true, but considering one of blink's most successful and well-known songs did it, I'm surprised they haven't tried it more often!

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That's true, but considering one of blink's most successful and well-known songs did it, I'm surprised they haven't tried it more often!

to be fair it's quite subtle in WMAA and I guarantee random radio listeners don't know the actual words and just go "uh TWENTY THREE" haha

• Haha 1

I do like when they change the chorus lyrics.  I wish I could remember all the songs that do that, but Blink's obviously stand out.  Carseat Headrest - fill in the blank.

I always liked how Smells Like Teen Spirit changes it up at the end.

Oh, R Kelly - Trapped in the closet.  Most changes to a song award goes to this gem.