The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 3/22/2022 at 9:47 AM, Rickay said:

Looks like The Gaslight Anthem is the band Jason was teasing. Definitely not disappointed with that one.

Yeah, it's a great news. Glad they're back with the intent to make some new music and not just cashing in on nostalgia endlessly. 

The fact that Mark keeps going through this stuff and that he even digitalised the songs makes me believe that there's a chance he will release them at some point.

Tom doesn't even own these songs anymore because he sold his rights, but I'm sure both Tom and Scott he would be down with the idea.

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The fact that Mark keeps going through this stuff and that he even digitalised the songs makes me believe that there's a chance he will release them at some point.

Tom doesn't even own these songs anymore because he sold his rights, but I'm sure both Tom and Scott he would be down with the idea.

mark has said he'd be open to some kind of release of old stuff but not without both tom and scott's explicit approval.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

maybe I missed it but are they bound by Scott's agreement in the matter? I guess I could understand them not wanting to go ask permission...

edit* I see davey brought it up

it has nothing to do with legality. i sense from mark it's about ethics and respect.

17 hours ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, it's a great news. Glad they're back with the intent to make some new music and not just cashing in on nostalgia endlessly. 

Yeah. I can’t believe how long they’ve been inactive, 7 years other than the 59 sound cashgr….tour.  

If Mark refuses to release these relics unless he gets Scott's permission, I can't imagine they'll ever be officially released, honestly.

They haven't talked to Scott since like 1998, supposedly, right? And their breakup wasn't on good terms, so why would Scott even give them the time of day at this point? And is Mark even willing to reach out to Scott personally? I just don't see them talking...

• Like 1