The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 hours ago, scoobs said:

Can’t say I listen to much blink these days, but if i were going to, I’d probably not be revisiting Cali.  Nine has a few I wouldn’t mind hearing again.  

Same! But Cali seems more authentic in retrospect. Deluxe was still weird/bad and Nine was very collaborative sounding, and also weird/bad.

I went on a stretch of going back to a handful of songs from both those albums for a while, but none of them, even First Time (favorite from the releases) stick with me to this day. Half of Neighborhoods still does.  Wildfire randomly is my only non skip if something comes on.

2 hours ago, ............Finch said:

Same! But Cali seems more authentic in retrospect. Deluxe was still weird/bad and Nine was very collaborative sounding, and also weird/bad.

this is about how i feel, though it’s hard to explain. the songs on california are overall stronger aside from those i singled out earlier, despite being ultra-formulaic and gimmicky on occasion. cynical stands tall as far and away the greatest hit of this era.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kay said:

Apparently what's my age again actually turned 23 yesterday. we're no longer allowed to like it. 

Only if it also:

1. Is still more amused by TV shows;
  2. Is still more amused by prank phone calls; and/or
  3. Still acts like it's in freshman year.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

Only if it also:

1. Is still more amused by TV shows;
  2. Is still more amused by prank phone calls; and/or
  3. Still acts like it's in freshman year.

That’s most of the forum tbf

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ............Finch said:

I went on a stretch of going back to a handful of songs from both those albums for a while, but none of them, even First Time (favorite from the releases) stick with me to this day. Half of Neighborhoods still does.  Wildfire randomly is my only non skip if something comes on.

I dig Wildfire.  I definitely don’t have the fondness others seem to with Neighborhoods.  That one’s best left in the past IMO, total stinker.

14 minutes ago, scoobs said:

I dig Wildfire.  I definitely don’t have the fondness others seem to with Neighborhoods.  That one’s best left in the past IMO, total stinker.

Technically, it's not great, Mark was discouraged Travis overdid it and Tom didn't give a fuck, but it's the 5th/6th best album they have, so it's something. 

Can't help but love it for what it is and the off-ness of it makes it unintentionally better than it is for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

I would think a complex of flats would have a bigger environmental effect than a single house.

the impact of the entire complex supports all of the residents; it's split between them all. so the net environmental footprint per capita is far, far, far lower for high density housing.

if tom lived in a complex by himself, turning on all those lights in all the units and flushing all the toilets just by himself it would be a different matter. 😆

• Like 1