The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

That song gets a ton of crap, but i always considered it one of the bangers of that album.  I think the only true Blink classic that came out of any of the Skiba era is Bored to Death.  Legitimately a good song and stands up there with the rest of their hits in terms of commercial success.  Never going to reach the levels of ATST and WMAA, but amazingly it has more listens on Spotify than Feeling This.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, scoobs said:

That song gets a ton of crap, but i always considered it one of the bangers of that album.  I think the only true Blink classic that came out of any of the Skiba era is Bored to Death.  Legitimately a good song and stands up there with the rest of their hits in terms of commercial success.  Never going to reach the levels of ATST and WMAA, but amazingly it has more listens on Spotify than Feeling This.

Bored to Death at the initial drop was definitely a good one, it just got really boring and saturated after the album came out of all the same structure of song. One of those was enough..

Teenage satellites was pretty decent instrumentally and what not but overall pretty lame like the rest of the songs with the extended whoahoah chorus and shitty pandering to teenagers at age 40+

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Bored to Death at the initial drop was definitely a good one, it just got really boring and saturated after the album came out of all the same structure of song

You're right. Bored to Death was amazing during those 3 months that it was out without the rest of the album. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Bored to Death at the initial drop was definitely a good one, it just got really boring and saturated after the album came out of all the same structure of song. One of those was enough..

Teenage satellites was pretty decent instrumentally and what not but overall pretty lame like the rest of the songs with the extended whoahoah chorus and shitty pandering to teenagers at age 40+

I don't feel like it's pandering to teenagers, the way the anthem songs and shit did. 

• Like 1

Bored to Death is a top blink-182 song for me. While I do still like most of blink's new music, I feel Bored to Death almost got my expectations unfairly high for how the post-Tom era of blink-182 was going to be. It was so good and then almost nothing after it quite hit that same high.

For me, Bored to Death, Cynical, and No Heart to Speak Of are all top blink songs. There are a lot of other songs from the Skiba albums I like, but those three stand above the rest for me.

Still, I think NINE was a huge step in the right direction and I'm still hoping we get at least one more Skiba album with the band, because I still think they can make something great.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

25-27 venting about teenage years to teens versus 45-50 talking about teenage suburbia will always be different.

I think most California (even the cringiest ones) are nostalgic/ looking back on their own teenage years rather than trying to appeal to teenagers in 2016/17. What makes TS so good is that it really feels nostalgic. At least it does to me.

Teenage Satellites was extremely forgettable.

I hate Bored To Death possibly more than all the other post Tom songs, I didn’t like it to start with, I tried to force myself to like it and just hated it with each new listen. I would legit rather hear Machine Gun Kelly than listen to it again. Idk if it’s because it was the first one and it has all the hallmarks I would come to hate about California and beyond but man, I hate that song.

California..was perfection from the start and somehow keeps getting better with age. One of my favorite albums of all time 😎

If Tom comes back I’m not sure they will be able to top it. Hope they do, but no guarantees 

14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

California..was perfection from the start and somehow keeps getting better with age. One of my favorite albums of all time 😎

If Tom comes back I’m not sure they will be able to top it. Hope they do, but no guarantees 

Genuinely not convinced you even listen to it much, I think it's more about the troll then actual enjoyment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Genuinely not convinced you even listen to it much, I think it's more about the troll then actual enjoyment. 

It’s about the troll and actual enjoyment. Best of both worlds 

• Like 1

California is bad.

Los Angeles is brilliant though. San Diego, Bottom of the Ocean & Long Lost Feeling are pretty damn good too. I don't listen to any other California songs though. I did love Last Train Home when it was first released but that song kinda got stale through time.

Nine is a very good album. Never really understood the hate of it. I think I like it because I lean towards music that's a bit darker and outside of a few songs, Nine is a pretty bleak album. No Heart to Speak Of, Black Rain, Heaven and First Time are great songs.

Generational Divide I fucking love as well. I rate the poppy songs more than the ones from California too. I think Lifeforms is a bit better though. Just wish it was a longer album.

California has like... mayyyyybe 6 great songs, and that's even including the deluxe songs too. I hate how "Kings of the Weekend" is pretty much the only song that has a little bit of an instrumental part in the middle of the song. Every other song has vocals going 98% of the time, with Woahs and Ohs filling in the empty space, and it just makes every song feel the same. "California" and "Bottom of the Ocean" are in my bottom 10 Blink songs ever.

The only songs I ever go back to are Bored To Death, She's Out Of Her Mind, The Only Thing That Matters, Rabbit Hole, and San Diego. And even out of those songs, I think the only real standout is Bored To Death. 

• Like 1
  • Pickle 1