The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I got in the best shape of my life for the first few months of lockdown, then discovered my passion for beer.

Beer > washboard abs.

Fave beer? Do you drink European stuff?

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

Fave beer? Do you drink European stuff?

I really like a good variety, but lighter pale ales - Amber Ale, APAs, belgiums, some lagers.  Kolsch style.   Don't like IPAs, Stouts, Pilsners, or heavy wheat beers. 

Favorite beer right now is Fat Tire:

ci-new-belgium-fat-tire-a8742c33f98d4519

I've really been on an old fashion, margarita cocktail kick lately though.

Bloody Marys when it gets nicer out for summer days.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Elisa said:

Tom went on a podcast:

This was so fun to listen to because it was just Tom talking about punk rock bands, punk rock shows and the early days of blink. 

And it made me realise how I hate that the Tom we love is still there when you keep the conversation away from AVA and To The Stars Academy. How do we get to make AVA and TTSA crash and burn for good? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

This was so fun to listen to because it was just Tom talking about punk rock bands, punk rock shows and the early days of blink. 

And it made me realise how I hate that the Tom we love is still there when you keep the conversation away from AVA and To The Stars Academy. How do we get to make AVA and TTSA crash and burn for good? 

Just finished listening, sooo fun to hear him talk about the past

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Elisa said:

This was phenomenal. I love hearing about the detailed history early on.

Fuck you Modest mouse!  Love your music but makes sense why it's so depressing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I really like a good variety, but lighter pale ales - Amber Ale, APAs, belgiums, some lagers.  Kolsch style.   Don't like IPAs, Stouts, Pilsners, or heavy wheat beers. 

Favorite beer right now is Fat Tire:

ci-new-belgium-fat-tire-a8742c33f98d4519

I've really been on an old fashion, margarita cocktail kick lately though.

Bloody Marys when it gets nicer out for summer days.

Fat Tire is a pretty good beer. I don't see them around as much as I did years ago though. All the competition kind of drowned them out

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:54 AM, Elisa said:

Tom went on a podcast:

Yup I'll echo what everybody else has said, this was BY FAR the best Tom appearance in years and years and years. He sounds like the guy we all knew and loved back in the day, with tons of knowledge and funny stories from the early early days with some genuinely mature new perspectives on some things. It's like the aliens released Real Tom back to earth for an hour. Great stuff, thanks for posting it!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yup I'll echo what everybody else has said, this was BY FAR the best Tom appearance in years and years and years. He sounds like the guy we all knew and loved back in the day, with tons of knowledge and funny stories from the early early days with some genuinely mature new perspectives on some things. It's like the aliens released Real Tom back to earth for an hour. Great stuff, thanks for posting it!

Especially enjoying the old stories!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Does it sound like he could be working with blink in some capacity behind the scenes? I still am getting those vibes