The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Does it sound like he could be working with blink in some capacity behind the scenes? I still am getting those vibes

Doesn't get hinted at or mentioned at all, they didn't discuss anything about the breakups or current Blink or anything like that. But he certainly seemed comfortable talking about Mark and telling old Blink stories in a way that seemed super normal and friendly instead of the strained/embarrassed way he's approached it in the past.

But 99% of the convo was about the early early punk scene days and bands they hung out with and listened to back then, and some hilarious stories. I was surprised by how coherent Tom was, and by all the different bands/shows/stories he could remember off the top of his head. He was in great spirits and truly seemed more sane than he has in years haha.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That's good to hear...Would be awesome if he could get back to "normal" (what normal should be for Tom)

Haha exactly. He was still hyper and rambling at times, but just in that excited goofy way we all know and love rather than being all jittery and spaced out.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, Patient #48273 said:

It still feels weird that Travis is a celebrity beyond "the drummer from blink." I have no problem with the Kardashian antics, it's just odd seeing him show up randomly in celebrity gossip.

Yeah… I was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians the other day, and it was just weird seeing Travis with them

21 hours ago, Speedo said:

His show on fuse was not good and it gave us Amy Schumer.

I think he'd do really well though.  The show on Fuse was not bad because of him, it was just sort of a rushed/unprepared vibe and bands not wanting to really be there.  It always felt more like a late night talk show setting than an actual good place to interview bands.  Essentially, if he is not having to write all the material like it seemed last time with some more help, it'd be pretty damn good.

I'm for it! 

Don't bring Schumer though.

Ehhh.... late night talk shows are a fucking tough gig even for an actual experienced professional comedian to take on. I wouldn't wish this on Mark, I don't think it would work out very well. I could easily see him being great in a bandleader/sidekick role on a show like this though.

• Like 4