The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Rick is an awesome dude. I could see him being a motivational speaker, top sales agent, a CEO type, or anything that he wanted to do. But he was driven by his purpose, which was surfing. I love stories of how people follow their purpose and it ends up giving them an amazing life while bringing others up with them. Stoked for Ryan to have him on the podcast.

Kind of like MGK.

2 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Kinda like the crab. It had a visual luster and I used it probably 50 times before I figured out it had a negative connotation.   

I honestly don’t understand the crab either. Like, I get what we use it for here, but I don’t know why it’s a crab lol 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elisa said:

Rick is so cool for sure but the fact that he let Tom act the way he did in 2005 will always rub me the wrong way

It’s funny that he thought TOYPAJ was too “emo.” I wonder what his initial thoughts on AvA were, he had to have realized Tom lost his damn mind. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

It’s funny that he thought TOYPAJ was too “emo.” I wonder what his initial thoughts on AvA were, he had to have realized Tom lost his damn mind. 

The only good thing about blink breaking up, is that it lead to Tickets To My Downfall being made to help carry the torch.

• Love 1
  • Crab 1

travis and the kardash just got married again after the unplanned wedding in vegas, but this was an intimate ceremony, then they're gonna have a big wedding in europe. how many times does one need to marry the same person?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Elisa said:

travis and the kardash just got married again after the unplanned wedding in vegas, but this was an intimate ceremony, then they're gonna have a big wedding in europe. how many times does one need to marry the same person?

Their feelings for each other might be genuine, but the weddings seem like pure PR.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Elisa said:

As many times as it gets them PR i imagine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the rick podcast was interesting. he basically confirms scott brought all of the bullshit upon himself. we always assumed that but never heard it directly from the guy who had to officially remove him. 

i also do not understand his opinion on toypaj. there were a couple "tone shifting" tracks but for the most part it was just enema pt 2. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Good point. I know it's a wet blanket opinion, but I can't stand weddings. So fake and corny

We have a wedding to go to Friday at like 3pm, an hour away. Thinking about just killing myself, fuck their special day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

the rick podcast was interesting. he basically confirms scott brought all of the bullshit upon himself. we always assumed that but never heard it directly from the guy who had to officially remove him. 

i also do not understand his opinion on toypaj. there were a couple "tone shifting" tracks but for the most part it was just enema pt 2. 

At the time it was darker. Just overall vibe of it, the joke tracks, album art, etc. There was nothing else to compare it to at that time other than Enema and Dude Ranch. Which were largely upbeat and summer fun vibes.  So I do remember that actually, it was their 'slightly cooler, slightly edgier' wearing all black time.  In retrospect, it's really close to Enema