The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

At the time it was darker. Just overall vibe of it, the joke tracks, album art, etc. There was nothing else to compare it to at that time other than Enema and Dude Ranch. Which were largely upbeat and summer fun vibes.  So I do remember that actually, it was their 'slightly cooler, slightly edgier' wearing all black time.  In retrospect, it's really close to Enema

Why would they be able to compare it to Dude Ranch but not Cheshire Cat? Interesting take 

2 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

the rick podcast was interesting. he basically confirms scott brought all of the bullshit upon himself. we always assumed that but never heard it directly from the guy who had to officially remove him. 

i also do not understand his opinion on toypaj. there were a couple "tone shifting" tracks but for the most part it was just enema pt 2. 

Yea I thought the same thing. When he started describing his take on first hearing TOYPAJ, I thought he had jumped up and was talking about Untitled

9 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Why would they be able to compare it to Dude Ranch but not Cheshire Cat? Interesting take 

Most fans did not know about Chesire Cat really that were casuals?  They knew about Enema and some Dammit and Josie.  Even Dude Ranch was not that popular compared to their mega hits.  At least not MGK level popular.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Most fans did not know about Chesire Cat really that were casuals?  They knew about Enema and some Dammit and Josie.  Even Dude Ranch was not that popular compared to their mega hits.  At least not MGK level popular.

Yea but we were talking about Rick Devoe, their manager, and his take on it while listening. So surely he knew of Cheshire Cat buddy. And casuals wouldn’t have had Dude Ranch either anyways. Do better 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

I forgot how pointless it is discussing with you.

You literally make no sense though. We’re talking about Rick Devoe listening to TOYPAJ and for some reason you proclaim that there is only Enema and DR to compare it to (obviously a false statement)…then you wanna talk about casuals as if casuals would have ever owned DR in the first place…there is literally no cohesive thought to your words. I’m poking holes all in your little story just like your Mother did to my condom many years ago my son 

10 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

You literally make no sense though. We’re talking about Rick Devoe listening to TOYPAJ and for some reason you proclaim that there is only Enema and DR to compare it to (obviously a false statement)…then you wanna talk about casuals as is casuals would have ever owned DR in the first place…poking holes all in your little story just like your Mother did to my condom many years ago my son 

Well Chesire Cat was not this cool edgy thing and similar to Dude Ranch anyways so what's your point?

It's pretty obvious we're talking where Rick Devoe wanted to take/keep the band.  They were widely known as this pop punk summer band that made Enema, ATST, WMAA, Dammit.  TOYPAJ was slightly heavier/darker feel to it (before First Date/Rock Show), just the way it overall sounded and the way they started dressing, acting - Happy Holidays, Fuck A Dog, Shut Up, etc.  In retrospect, it's nothing, and closest to Enema.  At the time, we didn't have Self Titled, Box Car, Ava, +44, Neighborhoods, etc, etc.  Just Enema, and a couple songs off Dude Ranch were their known image. 

Tickets to Diddy's downfall - 3.0 are we on now?

• Crab 2

1 minute ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Well Chesire Cat was not this cool edgy thing and similar to Dude Ranch anyways so what's your point?

It's pretty obvious we're talking where Rick Devoe wanted to take/keep the band.  They were widely known as this pop punk summer band that made Enema, ATST, WMAA, Dammit.  TOYPAJ was slightly heavier/darker feel to it (before First Date/Rock Show), just the way it overall sounded and the way they started dressing, acting - Happy Holidays, Fuck A Dog, Shut Up, etc.  In retrospect, it's nothing, and closest to Enema.  At the time, they only were comparing it to Enema really as that was their big moment at the time.

Tickets to Diddy's downfall - 3.0 are we on now?

I’m not even going to read your mumble jargon. The point is you made a ridiculous statement that only enema and DR was available to compare TOYPAJ to, which again, is just utterly false and stupid. But hey if that’s the hill you want to die on, go ahead!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I did think it was silly that they tried to be so cool for toypaj compared to enema. And still do. 

The more and more I look back on everything, the closer they actually were to boybands than I used to think. “Hey let’s try to show everyone we’re not a boy band”…proceeds to all start wearing the same outfit and colors…lets their non-musical manager tell them they need to write cheesy songs they end up hating…I still say First Date is such a lame song, especially with where they were in their careers at that point. Yes, the video was great but they could have made the same video for any song 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

I’m not even going to read your mumble jargon. The point is you made a ridiculous statement that only enema and DR was available to compare TOYPAJ to, which again, is just utterly false and stupid. But hey if that’s the hill you want to die on, go ahead!

Jan likes to pretend Cheshire doesn’t exist.  Tried to convince us once that casual fans knew Cheshire less than neighbourhoods just because, completely ignoring the fact Cheshire had songs on the greatest hits etc.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Jan likes to pretend Cheshire doesn’t exist.  Tried to convince us once that casual fans knew Cheshire less than neighbourhoods just because, completely ignoring the fact Cheshire had songs on the greatest hits etc.

Tbf I don't think most casuals know Dude Ranch exists. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

TOPYAJ - Summer Succy Sellout jamboree

Tom showed what he could do legit a year later with Boxcar. The singles from that album (videos permitting) blowwww.

Agreed. What are you favorite songs from TOYPAJ? Mine are give me one good reason, and then the two electric bonus songs. I hate it that friends who know I’m into blink assume I’m rocking out to first date 😅 lol 

• Love 1