The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

They did what they sought out to do.  I remember spending every day at my friends in the summer listening to the joke songs and dying of laughter at that age.

Fa sho. I also do think the rebellious stuff was coming from a legit place, although they knew what they were doing with marketing it. The boys of blink grew up doing rebellious things…it’s not their fault some of their fans were goody too shoes that only listened to all the small things lol 

9 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Fa sho. I also do think the rebellious stuff was coming from a legit place, although they knew what they were doing with marketing it. The boys of blink grew up doing rebellious things…it’s not their fault some of their fans were goody too shoes that only listened to all the small things lol 

I think it was genuine.  They were in their late 20s, but it made sense on a 'lets influence this generation we just left and let them know how bullshit all that high school stuff really is'.  They were still overgrown pranksters, which was pretty big thing in the early 2000s.  Jackass, Punk'd.  It was a time. Silly looking back, but  Emo rap didn't exist yet.

• Like 1

Everytime I Look For You definitely stands the test of time for me. I'm not sure why, I wasn't hugely obsessed with it back in the day or anything.

Online Songs, on the other hand, I've always loved, yet I see it consistently shit on in Reddit polls and listed as an all time bad blink song.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Everytime I Look For You definitely stands the test of time for me. I'm not sure why, I wasn't hugely obsessed with it back in the day or anything.

Online Songs, on the other hand, I've always loved, yet I see it consistently shit on in Reddit polls and listed as an all time bad blink song.

No idea why I fucking love Online Songs.

15 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

"we called it Hold On when it came out"

You were wrong, at this place in time, many years ago. That's what I meant, nothing more, nothing less. Go take a lap 

"We called it Hold On" ≠ "It was officially known as Hold On."

The former allows for being wrong and merely states what some people did, so there was no need to correct it.

5 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

"We called it Hold On" ≠ "It was officially known as Hold On."

The former allows for being wrong and merely states what some people did, so there was no need to correct it.

I know I was just being silly and he got all serious. I said “so you were wrong once in your life” I mean come on that’s obviously being sarcastic 

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I know I was just being silly and he got all serious. I said “so you were wrong once in your life” I mean come on that’s obviously being sarcastic 

No offence, but your posting history makes it hard to interpret your posts as intentionally silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

No offence, but your posting history makes it hard to interpret your posts as intentionally silly.

I understand that but I never said, “you’re wrong!” And didn’t argue about what the song is actually called, because nobody debated what it was called. Simply said you’ve been wrong in your life before, meaning past tense. It was a joke