The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

LOVE that it's named don keydick by the way.

guess it's worth reiterating i'd love a reissue of dude ranch remixed by tom lord-alge.........i'd pay $$$

It took me a second to realize the joke in the title ‘cause I’m an idiot and/or have early onset dementia. I’m quite ashamed.

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

LOVE that it's named don keydick by the way.

guess it's worth reiterating i'd love a reissue of dude ranch remixed by tom lord-alge.........i'd pay $$$

i still don't think that would ever happen due to the insane costs and lack of demand.

i'd settle for a 7" of just these two b-sides with the trombino mix. would be cool for it to have artwork designed by whoever did the CD singles for that era. 

4 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i still don't think that would ever happen due to the insane costs and lack of demand.

i'd settle for a 7" of just these two b-sides with the trombino mix. would be cool for it to have artwork designed by whoever did the CD singles for that era. 

certainly lord-alge doesn’t charge as much as he once did, right? plus with the multitracks it could almost certainly be replicated digitally for little effort than it did then. at least make the drums sound more alive.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, boxelder said:

certainly lord-alge doesn’t charge as much as he once did, right? plus with the multitracks it could almost certainly be replicated digitally for little effort than it did then. at least make the drums sound more alive.

i don't have any first hand experience with any of this but i'm sure he charges far less than he was able to 20 years ago. however, i'd imagine they would need to digitize all of the tape reels first in order to remix it digitally. that process is probably really expensive as well. 

even if this was free, mark keeps saying it would come down to tom, scott, and the label. that alone tells me it won't happen. 

16 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i don't have any first hand experience with any of this but i'm sure he charges far less than he was able to 20 years ago. however, i'd imagine they would need to digitize all of the tape reels first in order to remix it digitally. that process is probably really expensive as well. 

even if this was free, mark keeps saying it would come down to tom, scott, and the label. that alone tells me it won't happen. 

As far as I know, digitalization is pretty cheap and easy.

3 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i wouldn't know i just assumed the equipment used for that kind of tape is obsolete. and when dealing with a band like blink, they'd have the process done at a high end studio with a real engineer versus mailing the sources to TapesToCD.com

Analog recording hasn’t disappeared, it’s just not done often. The equipment for recording analog still exists and is used. Hell, you can digitize cassette tapes at home with a $15 dollar device you buy on Amazon. Sure, something like converting Dude Ranch would be a little higher end but the process is virtually the same. 

15 hours ago, Speedo said:

As far as I know, digitalization is pretty cheap and easy.

mark already had the dude ranch multitracks digitized from the source tapes. they were completed while he was in italy. he has protools source now on the whole album, including the songs which were cut.

• Like 1