The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, theedge00 said:

Found this by accident lol:

Dont think Mark is even singing in this song 😅

ya that song title is a joke poking fun at how many pop punk songs feature Mark.

Hot Mulligan is amazing btw, check out their stuff for sure if you haven’t.  Equip Sunglasses is a banger!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

tool didnt release an album for like 14 years

system of a down syndrome havent released an album for 16 years + i think

is this where were headed with blink???

Never thought I’d see Tool brought up here lol 

22 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

tool didnt release an album for like 14 years

system of a down syndrome havent released an album for 16 years + i think

is this where were headed with blink???

What? Blink released an album not even three full years ago?!

15 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

aha they are a great band try out their Ænima album with an open mind

I could never get into tool but I respect them. Much more deserving of praise and respect than some of the “artists” some of the board members gush about, that’s for sure. Kudos to you to sticking to your guns despite ppl talking shit lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I fucking love Tool and A Perfect Circle, fucking ace bands

It’s definitely talented and original music. Things I recognize and would never talk shit about. It just never struck a bell with me personally. But I’d never talk shit about them, and it’s laughable that any MGK fan would 😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Why are they all posting Blink stuff on their Instagram? 🤔

Considering it’s all been referencing TOYPAJ 21st anniversary it’s either the most likely option that the OG lineup has been back together for ages and they’ve got a new album releasing next week or the much less likely option that they’re celebrating TOYPAJ being out for 21 years.

Who knows though…

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Considering it’s all been referencing TOYPAJ 21st anniversary it’s either the most likely option that the OG lineup has been back together for ages and they’ve got a new album releasing next week or the much less likely option that they’re celebrating TOYPAJ being out for 21 years.

Who knows though…

Wild conspiracy theory! 

• Like 1

Anyone else been playing with AI programs like Dall-E Mini?  It's pretty impressive what it can do, creating images from prompts that you give it.  Though the next generation of Dall-E looks far far far more impressive, to like a creepy degree, that's known as Dall-E 2, but that can only be used if you receive an invite at this time.  

Anyway, that's my long roundabout way of saying I wanted to see what the widely available current version can create with some blink prompts.  

Here is what the AI created with only the input of blink-182 smiley (FYI, every prompt outputs 9 different possibilities, so that's why each prompt has an array of 9 images):

YNaij8X.png

I genuinely love some of these.  Obviously it never nails it, and it almost seems like it mostly thinks the arrows come from the right side instead of the left (though some like the middle definitely recognize the arrows on both sides).  I really like the smiley that the middle right created, I love how the eyes and smile just run together in one long line.

This is what I got from the prompt of blink-182 album cover:

zZgSFph.png

I don't think any of these would ever work as a blink album cover, though there is some interesting stuff in there.  It really wants to use some sort of circle design, which I'm pretty sure is being based off the smiley that appears among so much of their media since 2003.  

Finally, this is what I got with the prompt of blink-182 art:

Bp6EQr9.png

Now there is some really cool shit in here.  I could actually see some of this stuff on like a tour poster, that bottom right image is fantastic, love the top left, top middle looks like it could be a genuine album cover for an actual band.    Really the only one here that isn't doing much of anything for me in this selection is the bottom left, everything else here looks solid.

• Like 3