The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

23 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

The front of some people on here.

Grew up listening to blink and bands that sang about absolute waffle yet turn their nose up Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst.

All cut from the same cloth really. 

Whoa bud, we don’t have to love fred durst lol. You almost have a point but there is a huge difference in the two bands’ ethos 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Grew up listening to blink and bands that sang about absolute waffle yet turn their nose up Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst.

Agreed. Chocolate starfish is a great fucking album

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Crab 1

11 hours ago, Kay said:

It’s the punk rock MBA guy who’s channel is mostly waffle, not sure why people watch his stuff anymore tbh. 

I mean, he admitted he has to make extra videos that are more negative than fun to get more viewers, but the Fred Durst NON-conspiracy is true.

• Crab 2

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Anyone ever see the movie Durst directed starring John Travolta?  Sounds like a "so bad it's good" movie.

*Seen as a joke by everyone in the media and music fans out there who don't realize rapping about nookie and rocking a chad man red hat was tongue-in-cheek*

*goes on to direct a movie starring John Travolta and be normal in interviews*

Chess

• Crab 2

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Right?  They're definitely different bands, but literally the grand standing here like blink wasn't the same era and same level of pop music at that time.

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

9 minutes ago, Strings_anus said:

*Seen as a joke by everyone in the media and music fans out there who don't realize rapping about nookie and rocking a chad man red hat was tongue-in-cheek*

*goes on to direct a movie starring John Travolta and be normal in interviews*

Chess

#retcon

1 hour ago, DudeRanch4Eva said:

Lol, na at this point, this account is on my phone, and Faplord is logged in on my work computer. Felt why not give myself a boost 🤣

You should give them slightly different personalities, that would be fun

Like I do with JarJar

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2

Rolling is a vibe. Catchy as fuck song. I'd probably hate that song if it came out today but I grew up listening to all the hit songs from rock bands. That whole era I'll always associate with in some way even if I don't listen to some of the songs anymore.

Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
Tenacious D - Tribute
Crazy Town - Butterfly
Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
Puddle of Mudd - She Hates Me/Blurry
Limp Bizkit - Rolling
OPM - Heaven is Like a Halfpipe
POD - Alive
Sum 41 - In Too Deep/Fat Lip
Bowling for Soup - Girl All the Bad Guys Want
Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom
Linkin Park - In the End/Crawling
System of a Down - Chop Suey

...and of course all the blink singles from back then. Great times. There's probably more songs I've forgotten from back then too

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Strings_anus said:

So since Diddy has 2 accounts, does this mean MGK has officially cucked two of our board members?

Honored.

What a dumb comment. Lol and why would you be honored? You aren’t affiliated with MGK in anyway silly. Just because you have his poster on your ceiling doesn’t mean you get to be claim anything he does. 

• Love 1