The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I think Fred Durst just got 20 years older and realized that the tough guy nu metal schtick was never quite who he was on the inside and that it was more of a rock star persona he put on, like tons of other rock stars have done over the years. I don't buy the idea that he was intentionally hoodwinking the world in the early 2000s by playing a character, I think he just grew out of the phase that made him famous after it ran its course.

31 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think Fred Durst just got 20 years older and realized that the tough guy nu metal schtick was never quite who he was on the inside and that it was more of a rock star persona he put on, like tons of other rock stars have done over the years. I don't buy the idea that he was intentionally hoodwinking the world in the early 2000s by playing a character, I think he just grew out of the phase that made him famous after it ran its course.

Right. And probably the fact nobody cared about his band anymore humbled him. It’s funny, Tom actually threw shade at Fred in a recent interview. He ripped him for turning down a boxing match that Scott Stapp from Creed challenged him to after Fred talked some shit...Tom’s point was that “Break Stuff” was a massive hit at the time, but Fred pussied out of the boxing match and his excuse was he didnt condone violence...yet his smash hit at the moment was talking about breaking someone’s face. Lol now I really wanna see a Tom DeLonge vs. Fred Durst boxing match 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, boxelder said:

scary. hope it’s nothing too serious. sounds scary

At the same time, he was able to tweet out “God save Me,” so how serious can it be if he’s on Twitter? I hope to God this isn’t some drama created for ratings or something. I feel evil for even suggesting that but how’s he on his phone if this is so life threatening supposedly? 

11 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

At the same time, he was able to tweet out “God save Me,” so how serious can it be if he’s on Twitter? I hope to God this isn’t some drama created for ratings or something. I feel evil for even suggesting that but how’s he on his phone if this is so life threatening supposedly? 

Yeah, it sucks to be cynical, but that does make it seem like some kind of Kardashian stunt.

• Like 2