The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

anyone else really like this cover?

Yea, it’s a good one. I have a hard time believing that’s Tom playing that solo though. Even though it’s hardly a solo , still seems beyond his realm. Would love to hear him try that live lol 

On 6/30/2022 at 8:56 AM, daveyjones said:

mostly me, my work, and disneyland. i had just gone to 21 royal and he wanted to hear all about it. also the magic castle which i had visited the week prior.

and personal stuff, his life, family, etc.

i didn't ask anything about blink but he did indeed tell me what all they are up to.

it wasn't fan and band member it was dude and dude.

So glad you got that time, Davey. I still owe you so much for that Zoom call, honestly.

To think that you’ve been able to do that before they exploded and now after, it’s probably one of the coolest elements of these boards. We’re lucky to have you here.

Also I’m in SF if you want to kiss me, or maybe we both take Mark to Taco Bell? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strings_anus said:

The only thing that makes me happy about this, is that Tom has a friend here.  They all were on the same existentialism/consciousness/outerspace shit for a good hour.  

As ridiculous as this stuff can be, it's much easier to listen to without Tom being mocked by someone like Rogan the whole time.

Fuck - you’re telling me in all that time they didn’t reminisce about the 90s or Jackass/Blink/MTV stories ? 

I can listen to that shit when I’m in a very specific headspace but today is not that day 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Fuck - you’re telling me in all that time they didn’t reminisce about the 90s or Jackass/Blink/MTV stories ? 

I can listen to that shit when I’m in a very specific headspace but today is not that day 

Yeah, they talked almost literally nothing about the 90s/2000s reign they had, was a bit letdown by that.  Was straight existentialism talk for an hour straight.  I was just happy to see someone giving Tom the time of day for his own sake and believing the same shit even if I don't.

19 minutes ago, Strings_anus said:

Yeah, they talked almost literally nothing about the 90s/2000s reign they had, was a bit letdown by that.  Was straight existentialism talk for an hour straight.  I was just happy to see someone giving Tom the time of day for his own sake and believing the same shit even if I don't.

It was a cool watch. I’d love a pint with Tom. 

40 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

yes like i said, before watching, i said "must watch"

and after having watched im confirmed in my belief that it was a must watch

its a great interview and tom is smarter than he gets credit for

Yes, what I was trying to say.  He clearly gets nervous or embarrassed when he's getting clowned on most interviews.  He made incredibly more sense and was more coherent here, despite me not believing 99% of the theories.  

I do think the parallel time thing, we are all just floating consciousness thing kind of interesting.  As well as the pentagon alien person and Stevo's 'dirty DNA' shit.  That would be pretty humorous if we all just were rejects of the galaxy and sent here to just fuck our shit up like we have been since the get go.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I want to know who the target audience is for that merch. Is there a big overlap between blink and Guy Fieri fans that I've never heard of before?

I could see people associating the two. GF seems like a dude who found his sense of style in 99 and blink's massive popularity started there. It's a lazy connection but people are lazy. 

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I could see people associating the two. GF seems like a dude who found his sense of style in 99 and blink's massive popularity started there. It's a lazy connection but people are lazy. 

I saw the proceeds go to Guy's charity. It's probably just an "eh, kind weird, but why not" situation

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I saw the proceeds go to Guy's charity. It's probably just an "eh, kind weird, but why not" situation

I literally have a picture of Guy in my kitchen. So I would totally be into it

• Haha 1

I actually Tom’s theories they’re pretty cool conceptually about the physics of the universe and there’s some very light basis in the ideas with modern physics. However I hate how he talks like the government is interacting with this stuff in the real world. That’s where he turns into a straight up crazy person.