The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Fuck, just had a shower thought.

Imagine if the plane crash didn't happen, there wasn't the shitty, awkward and forced reunion. Blink would have likely finally reunited after Mark's illness, maybe around now? They always said they thought the band was done before the plane crash, I guess it would work the same way. However, it was clear it was too much too soon with the first reunion.

If it happened now, it would be so much more chill I think - they would have good feeling for each other all round no awkwardness or ill will. Saying that, I wouldn't have got to see them at reading 2014. Anyway, rambling - carry on

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

If they're really working on a new blink album, they're doing it while Skiba is on tour for 2 months? 

mark told me at coffee that blink is recording for the rest of the year. travis does his stuff at his space and mark does everything else at his home studio. dunno about skiba, but with modern digital tracking it's not like they have to do everything at once. skiba can come back from tour and add all his bits i would think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

mark told me at coffee that blink is recording for the rest of the year. travis does his stuff at his space and mark does everything else at his home studio. dunno about skiba, but with modern digital tracking it's not like they have to do everything at once. skiba can come back from tour and add all his bits i would think.

This is important, did Mark drink his coffee black?

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Fuck, just had a shower thought.

Imagine if the plane crash didn't happen, there wasn't the shitty, awkward and forced reunion. Blink would have likely finally reunited after Mark's illness, maybe around now? They always said they thought the band was done before the plane crash, I guess it would work the same way. However, it was clear it was too much too soon with the first reunion.

If it happened now, it would be so much more chill I think - they would have good feeling for each other all round no awkwardness or ill will. Saying that, I wouldn't have got to see them at reading 2014. Anyway, rambling - carry on

No plane crash. No reunion. Tom no longer exploits blink for money to fund his ava albums and TTS. Goes broke. Ends up naked on the streets of San Diego shouting about aliens coming for us.

Mark and Trav make one more +44 album before parting ways. Travis does Travis things and Mark partners up with Pete Wentz for some weird shit. 

I think I prefer our timeline tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

Any talk of Tom at all?

3 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Plot twist Tom isn’t back, it’s a new +44 album

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Recording remotely I totally get but I do wonder when they’re actually *writing* the songs or if A. Marks writing them solo and the others are just laying down parts or B. It’s all hired songs they’re just covering.

the latter wouldn’t shock me at this point.

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

Just now, Kay said:

Recording remotely I totally get but I do wonder when they’re actually *writing* the songs or if A. Marks writing them solo and the others are just laying down parts or B. It’s all hired songs they’re just covering.

the latter wouldn’t shock me at this point.

Feldmann wrote them ages ago.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

I’m sorry sir, I truthfully just don’t have the patience to learn a Bring Me The Horizon song. My guitar is sad too 

76-BBD51-C-4275-4247-BFB8-6-EC72-D6-D89-

Cool guitar! I had the exact same one with that colour before I sold it cause I rarely used it. I think it only appeared on a pre-chorus of one of my recorded songs. Can't remember if I used it for anything else haha but there's videos of me practicing with it 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Cool guitar! I had the exact same one with that colour before I sold it cause I rarely used it. I think it only appeared on a pre-chorus of one of my recorded songs. Can't remember if I used it for anything else haha but there's videos of me practicing with it 

I never had the chance to play a TD strat, were they any good?

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I never had the chance to play a TD strat, were they any good?

I always found they were best for a live performance kinda thing. I've never performed live before but when I practiced the guitar sounded great. Whenever I recorded with it, I opted to use other guitars over that one. It still sounded good but I just preferred the other guitars

I tended to use it for more mellow parts, like a more clean sound but with the slightest gain and flanger effects added to it. I actually find it hilarious I used it for those kind of parts considering it's not designed to be that type of guitar at all haha

31 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I always found they were best for a live performance kinda thing. I've never performed live before but when I practiced the guitar sounded great. Whenever I recorded with it, I opted to use other guitars over that one. It still sounded good but I just preferred the other guitars

I tended to use it for more mellow parts, like a more clean sound but with the slightest gain and flanger effects added to it. I actually find it hilarious I used it for those kind of parts considering it's not designed to be that type of guitar at all haha

We had problems recording with invaders, although it may have just been us not knowing what we were doing. We kept having to dial back the guitar quite a bit ‘cause it would muddy the mix.

• Like 1