The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

49 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

That's a TD copy. Even though he makes 6 figures, Diddy can't afford a genuine Delonge strat.

lol you need to join the Reddit page. My guitar is way better, I would never pay over $2,000 for a MIM version with cheaper parts that originally cost $500. Mine has a Fender American neck, a Gotoh bridge, actual sperzel locking tuners, so it’s actually much more “genuine” than the MIM version and is a lot closer to the guitar Tom actually played than those are. It was also put together by Jack White’s luthier so it plays a million times better. Anyone who pays what the MIM are going for is a fucking idiot. As well, they didn’t offer teal green metallic which is what this guitar is a remake of.  Maybe you should learn about something before speaking on it. 
 Also, I used to have a “genuine” TD as you call it. I sold it, and I’d take my current guitar over that one all day 

4-CE68-DD7-2750-40-BF-A20-D-C8-FAFEF9-FD

and a pic of me with it before you try to troll and say it wasn’t mine lol

C8275-FEA-0-F6-B-46-C6-A6-A2-406-B099-B8

22 minutes ago, Speedo said:

We had problems recording with invaders, although it may have just been us not knowing what we were doing. We kept having to dial back the guitar quite a bit ‘cause it would muddy the mix.

I’ve heard that before, I never recorded with it aside from with my iPhone, I do love the invader sound tho. But yea this isn’t an actual MIM production model, people who buy those these days are idiots. I don’t care about having Tom’s name on the neck plate. I actually did have a surf green one before I sold it and this blows it out of the water 

Ideally those guitars are meant for the name, so they are produced cheaply. It’s easy enough to remove the tone knobs and stick invaders into any strat. Personally, I’ve never had any big issues with any Mexican made guitars. A few rough fret edges or a wonky knob here and there but nothing that hinders. They’re good for casual players not wanting to spend a fortune. 

Eventually I’ll get around to removing the neck pick up, correlating tone knob and switch on my Big Apple strat. I replaced the tuners with fender locking tuners and they work just fine. 

• Like 1

Yea my parts caster is a Mexican made body and I got the American neck because the Mexican necks are all pao ferro now and I hate the way it looks. People who pay $2k-$4k for the production models now just to get the name on the plate are so dumb in my opinion. You can make a better guitar for around $1k

16 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

lol you need to join the Reddit page. My guitar is way better, I would never pay over $2,000 for a MIM version with cheaper parts that originally cost $500. Mine has a Fender American neck, a Gotoh bridge, actual sperzel locking tuners, so it’s actually much more “genuine” than the MIM version and is a lot closer to the guitar Tom actually played than those are. It was also put together by Jack White’s luthier so it plays a million times better. Anyone who pays what the MIM are going for is a fucking idiot. As well, they didn’t offer teal green metallic which is what this guitar is a remake of.  Maybe you should learn about something before speaking on it. 

You'll enjoy your time here so much more if you learn to take a joke.

I know TD strats go for way more than they're worth these days and I wouldn't pay $2k+ for one either. A partscaster build is the way to go for anyone who wants TD-style guitar.

• Love 1

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

I know TD strats go for way more than they're worth these days and I wouldn't pay $2k+ for one either. A partscaster build is the way to go for anyone who wants TD-style guitar.

My bad, I honestly just thought you didn’t know. There is a TD Guitar Reddit page and it’s about 50/50. Some people realize what you just said, and others think they need to pay $4k for the production model lol. 

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I wouldn’t be nodding my strat at all if the had moved the god damn knobs further back on the guitar!

10 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Eventually I’ll get around to removing the neck pick up, correlating tone knob and switch on my Big Apple strat. I replaced the tuners with fender locking tuners and they work just fine. 

That’s what I love about strats, so easy to customize and change parts. I still think Schecter makes the best playing guitars that are bang for your buck. But always fun to play around with strats and switch em up from time to time 

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

My bad, I honestly just thought you didn’t know. There is a TD Guitar Reddit page and it’s about 50/50. Some people realize what you just said, and others think they need to pay $4k for the production model lol. 

No worries. I've been playing guitar for 20 years and doing little mods for 15ish years.

I got a silver HSS strat years ago and modded it like Tom's, but I recently replaced the invader with a JB and put the neck and middle pickups and the tone knobs back on there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

No worries. I've been playing guitar for 20 years and doing little mods for 15ish years.

I got a silver HSS strat years ago and modded it like Tom's, but I recently replaced the invader with a JB and put the neck and middle pickups and the tone knobs back on there.

Nice, I have never used a JB but I want to. And I appreciate his silver Strat too, another lesser known one of his strats. This is the one I modeled mine after, which he even just had a tremolo bridge in for whatever reason. I had my luthier block the trem with a piece of wood 

571-FFA3-F-3190-43-BC-A995-410-AC5707590

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

That’s what I love about strats, so easy to customize and change parts. I still think Schecter makes the best playing guitars that are bang for your buck. But always fun to play around with strats and switch em up from time to time 

I tried to be the Schecter P-4 bass but they were on back order for like 6 months … got a fender precision instead. It’s okay, I guess but I wanted that Schecter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I just got a couple of extra springs and decked the trem on mine. I haven't looked into blocking it.

Yea I was looking into that route as well, luthier told me on phone he would just block it so I didn’t have to buy more springs. Works great, never moves and stays in tune forever. I remember when I first got the guitar before I did all this, it was first trem I played on and I was horrified. Lol thing would not stay in tune at all 

Hey @FAPLORDI got shit on for this recently but I don’t think you were here for it -

stickered guitars. You for or against? This is my current live guitar and I love it (and most people who’ve seen me with it love it too) but the board seems less favourable.

2202-FA7-E-9821-4-DF3-BE85-52-C300-C3129It won’t let me embed for some reason but that’s the link to the pic

Laura edit: embedded the pic for Kay, whose mod powers should be reconsidered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I tried to be the Schecter P-4 bass but they were on back order for like 6 months … got a fender precision instead. It’s okay, I guess but I wanted that Schecter.

Never played a Schecter bass, but in my experience a $600-$800 Schecter will get you a better guitar than a $1,500 fender 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Hey @FAPLORDI got shit on for this recently but I don’t think you were here for it -

stickered guitars. You for or against? This is my current live guitar and I love it (and most people who’ve seen me with it love it too) but the board seems less favourable.

https://ibb.co/zXPk2XD It won’t let me embed for some reason but that’s the link to the pic

I think that looks sweet, you did it really well. I don’t want to sticker up the 2 guitars I have but that’s because one is a copy of Tom’s specific guitar and the other has a quilted wood top. I would do it on a white or black fender tho for sure. Makes it unique to you 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I think that looks sweet, you did it really well. I don’t want to sticker up the 2 guitars I have but that’s because one is a copy of Tom’s specific guitar and the other has a quilted wood top. I would do it on a white or black fender tho for sure. Makes it unique to you 

Yeah it’s a black fender modern player so it’s a cheaper end guitar, I wouldn’t do it to something more top end but I knew I’d be gigging with it so fuck it right? I am proud of how she looks but people get weird about it.