The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, NotNow said:

I don’t know these people so what I say means nothing. I’m specifically referring to the things we see as fans and we’ve seen a lot of assholish behavior in their professional business over twenty years, the least so from mark of course. If I specifically referred to them as an asshole I didn’t mean that and just meant it as a descriptor of the situation we’re discussing. And humans tend to be more of assholes professionally and often need to be unfortunately because people will fuck you over, and then really great in their personal life (and from the outside mark has always seemed like an amazing person other than potentially the politics of the personal relationships of his business) which is what matters most. My observation has nothing to do with how I view any of them as people other than to me they seem to not be good at maintaining healthy relationships in this business through communication problems. Again I’m a fan that knows zero, all we do is make observations off the tiniest data we have.

tl;dr were fans. We make observations based on tiny random interactions that mean nothing because we don’t know anything about these people. That’s what this site is. Every person on here has said negative things about every member of this band for some reason or another over the last twenty years, far more horrific than just saying one seems to potentially be displaying asshole behavior over a specific thing that happened. If someone on here knew Tom personally as a good friend in present day or even Travis with all of the pop punk and kardashian jokes, they’d probably have a stroke.

Not trying to make this into a big deal, but if you know mark personally and are friends (which is great) you might struggle to continue to enjoy the blink section because the band can’t seem to stay out of drama and don’t think that’s ever going to change at this point and fans are going to speculate and continue to say dumb shit, and this website has been known to say toxic shit for years at least in comparison to something like marks discord. Just if I knew a celebrity, I wouldn’t be able to monitor their fan pages because I know dumb things are going to be said about them which will conflict with how I know them personally.

Your tl:dr was longer than your actual post man.  Major foul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zach Wilson said:

When did people think Mark was an alcoholic? Don’t think I’ve ever even seen a pic or video of him having one beer 

You are an amateur fan then. Mark probably doesn't drink much anymore, but he goes over his show ritual every behind the scenes which includes a glass of whiskey/coke I want to say. 

That doesn't make him an alcoholic, but he did used to smoke and drink in the heyday videos

26 minutes ago, Neighbors dont exist said:

You are an amateur fan then. Mark probably doesn't drink much anymore, but he goes over his show ritual every behind the scenes which includes a glass of whiskey/coke I want to say. 

That doesn't make him an alcoholic, but he did used to smoke and drink in the heyday videos

No, you’re just an overzealous fan looking for any reason at all to call Mark an alcoholic. If I’d ever see him with sloppy and shitty behavior than maybe you could have a leg to stand on, but you don’t. Stop thinking you know everything about band members’ lives 

• Wow 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, M!ke said:

I mean I feel like what Mark said in that GQ article last year kinda said it all, “I don't know how that would work if it's all four of us. Like we're all going to live in the same house again?”  Mark seems to envision (at least as recently as December) the future of the band with all 4 of them.

I always thought that quote meant that he COULDN'T envision the band being all four of them.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, M!ke said:

my money says Skiba was probably just having a little fun.  

You could be right, it didn't come across like a fun joke though in my opinion.

very off-topic, but this person is using an AI tool in deezer to separate vocals/instruments in blink songs, and unlike the usual tools for that sort of thing, it works surprisingly well. these instrumental versions are perhaps the clearest iterations of these songs i've ever heard outside of the available stems. here's a very cool one:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Zach Wilson said:

No, you’re just an overzealous fan looking for any reason at all to call Mark an alcoholic. If I’d ever see him with sloppy and shitty behavior than maybe you could have a leg to stand on, but you don’t. Stop thinking you know everything about band members’ lives 

I never said he was an alcoholic.  I was just stating he has a drink before every show as part of his ritual as you were acting like he's never touched the stuff.

Also, I don't care.  Same can be said the other way, we don't know their personal lives at that level.  Could be deep into the alcohol, could not.  I'd struggle with not having drinks before a large audience myself, so I don't ever think much about the drink before a show thing.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, boxelder said:

very off-topic, but this person is using an AI tool in deezer to separate vocals/instruments in blink songs, and unlike the usual tools for that sort of thing, it works surprisingly well. these instrumental versions are perhaps the clearest iterations of these songs i've ever heard outside of the available stems. here's a very cool one:

Yea I’ve been listening to a lot of these, it’s very cool to hear all the layered instrumentation on the songs. What’s also is funny is listening to the separated vocals…they are clearly more auto tuned and corrected more than I ever realized 

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

when i was young in middle school my msuic teacher had this giant sound system thing 

and one time he puts a song on and shows us a function that removed vocals in real time and it worked extremly well

this was around 98, so if he could do that in real time, ud think that by now we'd have easy 2 use software that can do it realy well

4 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Random question but does anyone else have a blink lyric that’s forever stuck in your head, and you randomly sing or hum it as you go about your day?

Lets get started the faint and broken hearted…. WHY IS THIS THE SONG I CHOSE 

You say you want to take off your shoes just to walk barefoot down the street

Just to be the things that you can be, Just live for one more week, go!

Just constantly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Random question but does anyone else have a blink lyric that’s forever stuck in your head, and you randomly sing or hum it as you go about your day?

Lets get started the faint and broken hearted…. WHY IS THIS THE SONG I CHOSE 

I don’t even know what song that is lol 

• Haha 1