The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

25 minutes ago, Speedos discord said:

Terrible song.  Tech N9ne hasn't been good since 2009, and Eminem hasn't been good since 2004.  What's with you and washed dudes?

I agree, I have stopped listening to tech for the most part, and all rap/hip hop for that matter. But em hasn’t been washed up since 2004, you’re trippin. But I don’t care so if that’s how you feel I’m not gonna argue about it 

41 minutes ago, scoobs said:

We talking about MGK still?  Impressive.  Blink needs to announce something cuz this place is turning into an MGK forum (not that I’d mind)

I gotta say you are a cool dude, and you don’t let my bitching about him rub you the wrong way or ruin your mood. I like your style I am gonna try to be more like you lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

It’s got nothing to do with where you’re from.

You are not fully familiar with the regional similarities here.  Midwesterners, East Coast, Californias (north vs south), Southern states, usually carry the same attitudes and lingos as each other.

We call them Kansas Krew for a reason.  

Furthering it, to someone in the midwest, USA, a minnesotan and a wisconsinite have different accents.  To someone from the South, all midwesterners sound and act the same. 

Generalizing somewhat, but it's not fully inaccurate. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

for what it's worth Tickets to my Downfall kicked ass regardless of how much I don't care about MGK as a person or his newer (or older) music.

Your entitled to your opinion and all, but for me, someone cosplaying as a guitarist will never kick ass (guitar credits on 5 out of the 12 songs on that album)

50 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Your entitled to your opinion and all, but for me, someone cosplaying as a guitarist will never kick ass (guitar credits on 5 out of the 12 songs on that album)

I don't check the credits of random albums I listen to. I don't care who played what instruments. It sounded good.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't check the credits of random albums I listen to. I don't care who played what instruments. It sounded good.

Just like Jan, the point flies over Fap’s head too.

#justmidwesternthings

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedos discord said:

You are not fully familiar with the regional similarities here.  Midwesterners, East Coast, Californias (north vs south), Southern states, usually carry the same attitudes and lingos as each other.

We call them Kansas Krew for a reason.  

Furthering it, to someone in the midwest, USA, a minnesotan and a wisconsinite have different accents.  To someone from the South, all midwesterners sound and act the same. 

Generalizing somewhat, but it's not fully inaccurate. 

Regional similarities have nothing to do with message board posting habits and behaviours. I can't hear your accent over the boards. 

You've only further proved my point with this comment. Completely taking something the wrong way and going on a tangent that nobody was talking about is such a Diddy thing to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Speedos discord said:

A minnesotan and a wisconsinite have different accents.  To someone from the South, all midwesterners sound and act the same. 

Having lived many years in both Madison and the Twin Cities, I'm gonna say, no not really. Yeah, certain movies and TV shows may have you believing there is a big difference in how people from these two neighboring states sounds.  The Fargo movie did a major disservice to the people of Minnesota, that over the top Midwestern accent is not normally how people from the state sound at all, it made everyone from the state sound like a cartoon. When on the whole, everyone's accent across the two states sounds about the same. 

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I hope you guys don't think I talk like I write on this board. I promise I don't actually say "LOL" after every sentence in real life lol

In real life I will call everyone one of you a Cunt in response to even the slightest thing.

• Like 1

I love Tickets to my Downfall. MGK is irrelevant to me now as a person. I only like the album, it transcends him. Probably because so many talented people worked on it, he was more of a spokesman/figurehead. That sort of stuff doesn't bother me. All I care about is the music.. The end product.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I love Tickets to my Downfall. MGK is irrelevant to me now as a person. I only like the album, it transcends him. Probably because so many talented people worked on it, he was more of a spokesman/figurehead. That sort of stuff doesn't bother me. All I care about is the music.. The end product.

He's like the male equivalent of my gurl Avril.

• Like 1