The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Big announcement comes. Toms back. But it’s a 4 piece. Matt stays. They’re all collaborating only with each other. No outside help. They’ve been writing for a while. Have a single ready to release. Comes out today.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s the first Matt vocals only song.

How mad would you be?

I’d legit be happy, I love Skiba regardless of how shite his blink albums are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bojangles said:

How much you all wanna bet Tom will be wearing this shirt every night on the reunion tour.

monsters-of-california-t-shirt-black_1680x copy.jpg

He’ll cycle it with some other TTS merch he ain’t stupid

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Big announcement comes. Toms back. But it’s a 4 piece. Matt stays. They’re all collaborating only with each other. No outside help. They’ve been writing for a while. Have a single ready to release. Comes out today.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s the first Matt vocals only song.

How mad would you be?

I think coming now that would be infuriating.. But that is something we have needed from the get go.  Still blows my mind we got exactly one/two of those, maybe? When that is a blink staple to have only mark or only Tom songs involved. And that was after a full album of exact formula Mark/Matt trade-off.

Like why are they babysitting the audience that is largely over 30 now.

We got what: Last Train Home, No Heart, Darkside?

All possibly not truly written by Matt either

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

If this is the end of the Skiba era, it just sucks that we never got to hear what Mark and Skiba would have been capable of as a songwriting duo. 

I think this the most frustrating part of the past years. Standing right on front of us are two genuine great song writers, probably the top of the top of that genre/generation for the stuff we like and we got almost none of 'that'.

Just formulaic crap like they're Nsync playing for a major label controlling the whole thing

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Mark sings in Last Train Home

A tiny bit. He also has a verse on Darkside, so it's really just No Heart.

Which is just meant to be some banger, not deep cut Matt song.

Going back, Matt also isn't that bad sounding, after not hearing any of this in a while. He's just a bad fit. Not to mention the repetitive nature of the formulaic *insert Matt here* drove some of us insane.  Especially the yelling. They sound so boy band-ey on Nine it's crazy too how many get behind this album.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Secret Discord Meetings said:

We got what: Last Train Home, No Heart, Darkside?

All possibly not truly written by Matt either

Mark features on all of those by at least a verse. Even Black Rain, which was one of the more Skiba-dominating tracks had Mark singing a verse, and I believe Matt wrote the entire thing judging by this lyric sheet. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBE_TKTAp9r/?igshid=NWRhNmQxMjQ=

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Secret Discord Meetings said:

I think this the most frustrating part of the past years. Standing right on front of us are two genuine great song writers, probably the top of the top of that genre/generation for the stuff we like and we got almost none of 'that'.

Just formulaic crap like they're Nsync playing for a major label controlling their music.

I agree so much. There's definitely been moments where Skiba apparently took charge of a song, Black Rain being one of them and that's a great song. The verses of Hey I'm Sorry might be the best thing since 2003 for me. It was annoying hearing that Feldman copy and paste chorus with the overlaying woahs. It just shows how much potential blink had under Skiba.

Sure the album probably wouldn't have sold nowhere near as much as California and it wouldn't have been radio friendly, but I think the album would've been way better. I really think they just wanted to become more relevant again and I guess California was perfect in that regard.

• Like 3

Well I can tell you one thing, if I'm going to make a best of playlist of these guys or even an easy listening, not nit-picking, it's going to include Blink through Neighborhoods, Boxcar Racer, +44, Alkaline Trio and almost zero California/Nine. 

When it flips from Darkside (a song I think I like) to Please Take Me Home and then Letters To God and then Waggy (this just happened) it's just too jarring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Wish we could’ve experienced this era without Feldman. I still think Matt was a great fit but Feldman put him in a box and inky very rarely ever let him out.

Mark and/or Travis could have easily spoke up.  Agreed though, Feldmann and Mark/Travis can somewhat work, but Feldmann and Skiba is just against everything Skiba is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Wish we could’ve experienced this era without Feldman. I still think Matt was a great fit but Feldman put him in a box and inky very rarely ever let him out.

Still waiting on the 2015 demos 😪

EDIT: I would actually love if any demos from the Skiba have surfaced. We’ve only had “Falling” I believe.

• Like 1