The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I just find it weird that Mark hasn’t confirmed if Matt is in the band or not. Like they don’t even mention him at all on social media. You would think with all this speculation of Tom coming back he would set the record straight and say nothing has changed and Tom ain’t coming back. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

your hatred toward me is so strong that even when i try to bury the hatchet, you keep it going. it's a bit much. i've been going back and forth with ghent since i was like 15 years and even he backs off bit. 

Yeah, Coight doesn't stop.

It gets uncomfortable at times or just some Aussie thing they have in the water there, always angry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan_ said:

I just find it weird that Mark hasn’t confirmed if Matt is in the band or not. Like they don’t even mention him at all on social media. You would think with all this speculation of Tom coming back he would set the record straight and say nothing has changed and Tom ain’t coming back. 

Transparency is not blink’s strong suit.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Funko Pops said:

Yeah, Coight doesn't stop.

It gets uncomfortable at times or just some Aussie thing they have in the water there, always angry.

You’d be angry if you were Aussie too. They’re basically the shit Brits we didn’t want so we fucked them off over the other side of the world out the way

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kibbles said:

He’s back, they just don’t want to announce it right now

The fact that there's still even this much interest in the band from fans to want this to happen must, understandably, be confusing to even Mark & co. But it surely means they must do it at some point.

I never see this type of hype, especially for a dead-ish band anywhere else.  Even RHCP fans don't get quite as hyped for John's return as we do an announcement of an announcement of maybe an announcement of a rumor for Tom's return.

Just do it. Y'all fucked our adulthood. Fix it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

It's because they themselves don't know what's going on yet

Just now, Ghent said:

The only reason you got on my nerves this time is because you were painting it as me not wanting Tom back. Like this was going to be some kind of win for you. I've been saying I wanted him back (in a healthy state) for years. I am still sure it's happening.

But this little hype spell wasn't it. I think it will be awhile

well you need to know that 15 years into our feud, i'm likely just giving you shit purely out of tradition. if were to find ourselves at the same blink show one day, i don't think we'd have any issues and it would be hilarious. 

and it's not that i assumed you didn't want tom back. it's more that i think you'd prefer a new feldmann/skiba album every year than a new tom album every four years. and if tom does come back, i think that will be the case. so, i was just giving you shit and saying i prefer the other outcome. it's possible you do too but i don't actually know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Funko Pops said:

The fact that there's still even this much interest in the band from fans to want this to happen must, understandably, be confusing to even Mark & co. But it surely means they must do it at some point.

I never see this type of hype, especially for a dead-ish band anywhere else.  Even RHCP fans don't get quite as hyped for John's return as we do an announcement of an announcement of maybe an announcement of a rumor for Tom's return.

Just do it. Y'all fucked our adulthood. Fix it.

I swear I kept checking twitter today, you can still go there and search "tom blink" on the searchbar and you'll see how many people were tweeting about Tom coming back. We even had all the big music outlets like NME, Rolling Stone etc falling for it as well because they all came up with articles titled "is Tom rejoining blink?"

Today was really a crazy day for a few hours. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I swear I kept checking twitter today, you can still go there and search "tom blink" on the searchbar and you'll see how many people were tweeting about Tom coming back. We even had all the big music outlets like NME, Rolling Stone etc falling for it as well because they all came up with articles titled "is Tom rejoining blink?"

Today was really a crazy day for a few hours. 

It is crazy, blink hasn't done anything substantial since 2003.

It's now 2022.

Let that sink in.

Somewhat expecting something at 12:00PM PT as a last ditch effort, definitely wishful thinking. I’m sure they’ll announce Tom’s return sooner or later, although today would’ve been an appropriate time PR wise. I just hope the band doesn’t stay dead for too much longer, even some behind the scenes drama would be nice at this point lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Somewhat expecting something at 12:00PM PT as a last ditch effort, definitely wishful thinking. I’m sure they’ll announce Tom’s return sooner or later, although today would’ve been an appropriate time PR wise. I just hope the band doesn’t stay dead for too much longer, even some behind the scenes drama would be nice at this point lol.

If there was an announcement today, mark wouldn’t have said anything in discord. This is peak copium. He would have stayed quiet knowing it was coming later in the day.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NotNow said:

If there was an announcement today, mark wouldn’t have said anything in discord. This is peak copium. He would have stayed quiet knowing it was coming later in the day.

I’m just bored haha. I sort of speculated that Mark could’ve said that stuff as a joke to throw people off but I doubt anything’s gonna actually happen today at this point. We’re definitely getting closer though.

9 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

I’m just bored haha. I sort of speculated that Mark could’ve said that stuff as a joke to throw people off but I doubt anything’s gonna actually happen today at this point. We’re definitely getting closer though.

It’s this attitude from so many fans that causes this shit to happen. You’re speaking as it’s fact that Tom is coming back at some point, so you look for any little thing to start speculating again. Today’s disappointment (for some, I really don’t care about Tom coming back or not) is not anyones fault except the people online who try to look for meaning in a post of an old picture and shit like that. You have no clue if Tom will ever be back or not, quit speaking it as fact. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

It’s this attitude from so many fans that causes this shit to happen. You’re speaking as it’s fact that Tom is coming back at some point, so you look for any little thing to start speculating again. Today’s disappointment (for some, I really don’t care about Tom coming back or not) is not anyones fault except the people online who try to look for meaning in a post of an old picture and shit like that. You have no clue if Tom will ever be back or not, quit speaking it as fact. 

Bang on. People got worked up over fuck all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

your hatred toward me is so strong that even when i try to bury the hatchet, you keep it going. it's a bit much. i've been going back and forth with ghent since i was like 15 years and even he backs off bit. 

I don’t hate anyone and if you hadn’t added that last line about this being a “let down” by the band I wouldn’t of said anything, but you continued to be a buttplug so I called you out on it. Simple.

39 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

@Russel Coight never seems angry to me. Maybe you have trouble picking up on his humour?

38 minutes ago, Kay said:

I was gonna say, that ginger cunt is horizontal

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten angry here lol. They just can’t handle the bantz.

• Like 2

I just rejoined the discord and muted it so I can keep an eye on things in real time because waiting is annoying.

Mark has said that there is no tour dates booked, so that probably puts down any Riot Fest / Brazil rumours as well.

F7-A3-A411-4520-40-E3-AAA3-7571-C97-CAFB

• Sad 1