The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I just rejoined the discord and muted it so I can keep an eye on things in real time because waiting is annoying.

Mark has said that there is no tour dates booked, so that probably puts down any Riot Fest / Brazil rumours as well.

F7-A3-A411-4520-40-E3-AAA3-7571-C97-CAFB

He said “Correct. We will tour again and when it’s booked and confirmed we’ll announce it.” not that there aren’t any booked at all. Just when it’s confirmed they’ll announce it, he’s not going to leak that they have a tour planned before it’s confirmed.

3 minutes ago, kibbles said:

He said “Correct. We will tour again and when it’s booked and confirmed we’ll announce it.” not that there aren’t any booked at all. Just when it’s confirmed they’ll announce it, he’s not going to leak that they have a tour planned before it’s confirmed.

He literally says they have no dates confirmed and said when its booked and confirmed, ie thats not now. Pretty obvious what that means - no tour is planned or being booked currently so the idea that they’ve booked festivals in brazil is ridiculous.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kibbles said:

But if there were dates that were going to be announced soon, he wouldn't have said anything at all about touring. I take his statement to mean that there won't be anything for a while. He's not trying to throw people off their scent, he's being very forthright.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kibbles said:

You make zero sense here. 

21 minutes ago, Kay said:

He literally says they have no dates confirmed and said when its booked and confirmed, ie thats not now. Pretty obvious what that means - no tour is planned or being booked currently so the idea that they’ve booked festivals in brazil is ridiculous.

These things are booked way in advance, your kidding yourself if you don’t think they have 2023 festival dates booked. He said they’re touring in 2023. I remember people bitching at Riot fest and they were like we book these things over a year in advance.

He’s not going to confirm dates before they’re announced and confirmed where they are supposed to be.just like he isn’t going to confirm Tom is in or not before they’re ready to push through the official channels. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

Just now, kibbles said:

These things are booked way in advance, your kidding yourself if you don’t think they have 2023 festival dates booked. He said they’re touring in 2023. I remember people bitching at Riot fest and they were like we book these things over a year in advance.

He’s not going to confirm dates before they’re announced and confirmed where they are supposed to be.just like he isn’t going to confirm Tom is in or not before they’re ready to push through the official channels. 

Take off the clown makeup. It's over.

• Like 2

This was the time to announce Tom back in the band if it’s already happening. Was perfect timing with everything else. The fact that it wasn’t means it’s most likely not in the works atm.

Would not surprise me though if all this noise gets them talking about how worthwhile it may be to get back together again. But I’d still say nothing is going on just yet.

• Like 2

I know it sounds weird, but Tom putting blink officially back in his insta bio was what got me going.

I'm attuned to him putting a  blink picture up every now and then to engineer hype for his other projects, but he always had blink in asterixis before. As in, 'I still feel like I'm in that band, I started that band yadada...'. To a strange man-child like dear Thomas, putting blink back in his bio probably symbolises something...idk. I'm a pickle sweltering on a bun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I know it sounds weird, but Tom putting blink officially back in his insta bio was what got me going.

Yeah that’s what got me fully onboard the hype train. Got me believing all these “I know this person at this radio station” type things. Just the timing of it. Guess Tom just saw an opportunity to make a bit more money.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kibbles said:

He said no dates confirmed. Confirmed doesn’t mean announced. I am very aware of how in advance these things need to be booked, but because none are confirmed suggests things are still preliminary planning stages so things like Riot Fest and the south american rumours dont make sense.

2 hours ago, kibbles said:

He’s back, they just don’t want to announce it right now

this is precisely what i think is happening, they're just waiting and feeling things out or getting dates booked for next summer. there could possibly be some legal stuff with how he backed out of the band in '15 that complicates matters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

He said no dates confirmed. Confirmed doesn’t mean announced. I am very aware of how in advance these things need to be booked, but because none are confirmed suggests things are still preliminary planning stages so things like Riot Fest and the south american rumours dont make sense.

Lol not even worth arguing about. Mark says they have no shows booked, kibbles says they do. Ridiculous 

• Haha 1

While they are negotiating and booking things a year plus in advance, the contracts often aren’t signed until the last minute just hours before announcement. When festivals release lineups, it’s often done because the headliners finally signed and they then get it out as quickly as possible after that, which can be just a few months before the show. So while things could be tentatively planned, it wouldn’t be anything mark could legally talk about.

so yea they could be in the process of planning a tour who knows, but take mark for his word; they have finalized zero shows.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

It’s this attitude from so many fans that causes this shit to happen. You’re speaking as it’s fact that Tom is coming back at some point, so you look for any little thing to start speculating again. Today’s disappointment (for some, I really don’t care about Tom coming back or not) is not anyones fault except the people online who try to look for meaning in a post of an old picture and shit like that. You have no clue if Tom will ever be back or not, quit speaking it as fact. 

I’ve dismissed the previous times people have speculated Tom was coming back, but I was intrigued this time around due to the rumors and the general hype that was going around, but still joked that nothing was likely gonna happen. Yeah I will admit I did get excited the closer we got to the announcement, but I’m not having a breakdown like r/blink182 is right now because they treated some random radio station’s word as gospel. I’m just trying to make discussion, but you’re right. We don’t know what’s actually going on. Like I mentioned a couple posts above, the band is not the best at transparency. Mark and Travis are possibly recording/demoing together, Tom’s recording guitars for “something” while messing with his bio and teasing blink shit again, and Matt says he doesn’t know his position in the band. I would hope that Mark and Travis wouldn’t leave Matt in the dark like that, so maybe he’s just keeping quiet and knows just as much as the rest of the band. I’m not the biggest fan of Tom but considering that Mark and Travis have been posting throwback pics with him since the past year(?), I wouldn’t be surprised if at least something was brewing, whether it is revealed in a couple weeks, months, or next year. Whether blink becomes a four-piece, Tom replaces Matt, or just plays a show or two. At this point, anything could happen. I don’t think the band would resume activities with Matt like business as usual after 3-4 years, like none of this was going on.

• Like 1