The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What will you guys do if Feldmann isn't involved though? He only produced like 3 songs on NINE and you still obsessively talk about him like he somehow controls the band

If its another producer, we’ll blame them. If its outside writers, we’ll blame them. If its self produced we’ll blame their lack of objectivity and Travis being too spread thin and only caring about the shallow push for modern pop punk like MGK.

like, obviously. We’re quite predictable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

If its another producer, we’ll blame them. If its outside writers, we’ll blame them. If its self produced we’ll blame their lack of objectivity and Travis being too spread thin and only caring about the shallow push for modern pop punk like MGK.

Very self-aware lol

18 minutes ago, Kay said:

I mean this is blink 182 though.  The same band that made Chesire, Dude Ranch, Enema - Neighborhoods.  

Letting others control the band as if it's just a brand name is the last thing any of us expected from that.  Just seems like their whole niche was not being that band.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Funko Pops said:

I mean this is blink 182 though.  The same band that made Chesire, Dude Ranch, Enema - Neighborhoods.  

Letting others control the band as if it's just a brand name is the last thing any of us expected from that.  Just seems like their whole niche was not being that band.

I feel like you only added Cheshire to that list because you feel you have to 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What will you guys do if Feldmann isn't involved though? He only produced like 3 songs on NINE and you still obsessively talk about him like he somehow controls the band

I thought he had more involvement than that? I made a similar comment when Nine came out and someone came out saying he was still producer on all tracks? Maybe I was right all along.

Anyway I still like all the Feldmann stuff. You crabbed me earlier for saying he didn’t let Matt do his thing, which is true. But I still liked the music he created with the band. I don’t hate him being around just wish he’d let them do their own thing more. Mine was a great start.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Haha when Nine came out the complaints mostly switched from Feldmann over to the random assortment of pop songwriters who joined in. I guess Feldy is still used as shorthand for the entire outside-writer approach at this point though.

• Like 4

Saw a fucking tiktok about Tom putting blink in his bio and that he's coming back. 

Immediately came here and saw the GD was a hot topic and got all excited. 

Sifted through about the last 15 pages and had to laugh. This band never ceases to disappoint. Got excited for nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha when Nine came out the complaints mostly switched from Feldmann over to the random assortment of pop songwriters who joined in. I guess Feldy is still used as shorthand for the entire outside-writer approach at this point though.

I can't decide which is worse.  On one hand, Feldmann made a full on Goldfinger heavy/Blink album with what felt like more his album than Mark or Skiba.  On the other, NINE is legitimately like treating the name blink as a pure product/brand/boy band that just performs the songs.  

Goldfinger/Feldmann is more true to 'pop punk' but a handful of NINE's songs were better? 

I have to say Cali seems less offensive in retrospect, but NINE has some actual bangers and First Time, and Mark & Skiba sound different on it.

Either way we're talking about which 4-6/10 is better when the rest of their discog are all 9.5-10/10.

• Like 1