The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

The kerrang guy's logic is so flawed though. He's on reddit saying that he believes it's still happening because Kerrang is still going ahead with the article, but of course they're going ahead with the article/annoucement, it's just that it's not blink, it could be any band. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I was 16 when We Don't Need to Whisper came out.

So this theory can get fucked. 

Angels and airwaves isn’t targeted at 16 year old boys so there’s no hole in my logic. Ava is for 19 year old edge lords not going anywhere in life looking for pretentious meaning to an otherwise meaningless existence or 13 year olds going through their emo phase while the world rejects them and first learning the world is cruel but Tom offers some bland optimism to society. blinks music falls somewhere in the middle for rebellious angsty 16 year olds taking the piss at everything. 

ill add on after that joking post I loved everything when I was a teenager but blinks two timeless albums to me are really untitled and enema. toypaj I can’t really listen to anymore approaching 30. And neighborhoods is my top because it’s the product of my real fandom time of 2009-2015 when I was in adolescence.

46 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

The thing is with that Documentary in Particular is that it captured Metallica at a low Point from 2001-2003 as they were seemingly on the verge of Breaking-up. The movie shows them trying to get through this period on top of trying to make an album. If you want something like Untitled Documentary from Metallica, I recommend watching A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica; it shows them Making the  Black Album from 1991. They also have Videos of the Making of their 2 Recent albums, Death Magnetic And Hardwired... To Self-Destruct. Mostly Good Vibes in those, at least compared to Some Kind of Monster.

Metallica is just that one band I never really got into but I've got to admit that the stranger things hype they're getting is fun. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Metallica is just that one band I never really got into but I've got to admit that the stranger things hype they're getting is fun. 

Metallica is one of those bands where their big songs (like master, fuel, unforgiven, nothing else matters) work so well carefully placed in entertainment that it’s super hype anytime it comes up or in a live setting; but I can’t enjoy it as just listening music.

I don’t think there’s a better metal artist that exists with such perfect compositions, which is why they work so well placed over other entertainment with potentially different renditions (enter sandman in westworld).

• Like 2

I think Neighborhoods has some pretty good songs but it has more “skips” for me then any other Tom record, which is why I won’t hold it quite as high.

For no skips, I always come back to Dude Ranch.

I heard and owned Dude Ranch, Cheshire and TOYPAJ in the same year, Enema the year before. I was like 12. 

Dude Ranch is my favourite, TOYPAJ second mostly for nostalgia and then it’s a game of constant swapping with Untitled Enema and Cheshire, then it’s neighborhoods. I don’t hate it, it’s just not as strong.

I think Neighborhoods has aged very well. I probably like it more now than I did years ago. Though I don't listen to it much.

I loved Up All Night when it came out. I still like it. I never thought it sounded good live though. Not with Tom, not with Matt. It was taking up a slot in the setlist that could have been used for so many better songs. If they were only going to play one song from Neighborhoods at live shows it never should have been that one. So many better candidates.

• Like 3

I always thought Wishing Well could've been a solid hit. Definitely is catchy enough and is definitely a sing along track.

I think Up All Night is a great song and I loved it when it finally released. It was definitely a weird choice as a first single though.

• Like 2

Metallica thread 2.0?

I like that band though when the time is right. I loved Hardwire to self destruct and I was never a major fan growing up. Lars makes me laugh, especially just being this shitty drummer but right place right time and his confidence is needed.

That being said, Neighborhoods has aged well, and saying so continues to age well, well, it's getting up there in age too now, as are we.

-you can listen to TOYPAJ in your 30s, if anything it becomes better.

-I'm not sure this '16 years of age' theory. That was either +44 or hiatus for me. 

-AvA also has a market for the tongue in cheek Tom lovers. I don't get pretentious listening to AvA at all, I just dig the music and get a bit of a kick out of Tom going extra with it all. Anyone who takes that seriously is off though.

• Like 1

heaven is great, just listened to it the other day. top tier skiba song.

as for neighborhoods, curiously, i was on spotify the other day and looking at the play counts for each song to determine what songs from each album have the most listens. surprisingly, it was after midnight and wishing well from neighborhoods (thankfully not up all night hahah). maybe if they do mount some sort of reunion tour they’ll play one of those songs or rotate them out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Heaven is probably my favorite song one NINE at this point. Also really like Hungover You.

The album is so underrated. Everyone had Feldmann stuff up their butt and didn't give it a chance

Nah, i was one of the bigger Feldman critics during California, but Nine was a damn good album. He seemed less hands on and blink even slightly suggested that during one of the interviews.

The only flop for me was Happy Days, such a boring track. Every other track is good, although a couple of songs still do have some annoying Feldman details, but nowhere near as much as California.

First Time, Heaven, Black Rain, Generational Divide, No Heart to Speak Of are up there with the best of blink IMO.

• Like 2