The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

still fucked off we didn’t get this version. 

Sounds cool and more raw but going back to the outside writers topic, this recording is just Travis and a random music biz songwriter named Chris Greatti jamming. \/ 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfDKdLGyC99TWYuoChhA-

Mark and Skiba weren't even involved in the song yet.

It did turn into one of the best Nine songs though. I just personally can't ever really get over how bizarre the process was in the post-Tom era. But we've been over that a million times haha.

• Like 2

I felt like the songs on NINE were barely distinguishable from each other.

I really love Heaven and First Time - I'm glad they exist. I couldn't tell you the difference between Hungover You, Really Wish I Hated You and the majority of the record. My emotional connection to it? Nada.

Outside Patrick Stump-y writers, minimal Matt involvement, loss of Tom and the presence of Feldz - all dilute what make blink, blink.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

I really like a good chunk of Nine, felt it was a solid effort. I don’t think I even hate the tracks that didn’t gel with me, they just didn’t click with me.

Like:
The First Time

Happy Days

Heaven

Darkside

Blame It on My Youth

Generational Divide

Run Away

I Really Wish I Hated You

Pin the Grenade

No Heart to Speak Of

Ransom

Hungover You

Dislike:
Black Rain

On Some Emo Shit

Remember to Forget Me

The Like list varies to “meh” sometimes depending on my mood but the Dislikes stay the same, didn’t like those three songs from the start and it never changed.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I actually really liked Nine when it came out but just felt it had no replay factor, I can barely remember any of the songs off it if I'm completely honest. 

In fact I'm going to give it another listen now and see what I think. 

Meh it's alright - it has some good moments but is largely forgettable. 

Pin the Grenade is more enjoyable than I remember it being though. 

Also good to remember how bad Skiba's vocals sound on Generational Divide, remember when everyone was saying it was likely just the quality when it leaked only for it to be just as bad on the full release 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like some tracks from NINE but the one I hate the most is Black Rain. That piece of crap is just too off from blink-182 essence, and it's only the chorus repeating with different beats. I was actually surprised that too many people really liked it. 

• Like 2

It's all good man.

But why Matt is not posting anything related to it? Sorry but I keep getting the feeling that they didn't treat him as a full member of the band. Now, his comment on IG seems like they don't have proper communication with him. 

4 minutes ago, carlos182 said:

It's all good man.

But why Matt is not posting anything related to it? Sorry but I keep getting the feeling that they didn't treat him as a full member of the band. Now, his comment on IG seems like they don't have proper communication with him. 

Yea I agree, Mark should at least be able to address that. He’s addressing fans comments and shit but not his own band members?

• Like 1

I mean that just says all I need to know. If mark had no plans to work with Tom again, he would be way more explicit there than just saying I get the speculation but we have nothing to announce. That doesn’t mean they’ve agreed to Tom rejoining, but at a minimum they’ve discussed it and things are on the table for when they decide to be active again, which is a far cry from 2015-2019 where Matt was blink and mark seemed to really have animosity towards Tom where it seemed like he would never consider working with him again. At least that’s how it reads to me. Also of all those clarifications from mark, he didn’t once mention skiba. If he was sure skiba was a permanent member forever, i feel like he’d include him in his comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

lol kinda hilarious that the place known as give your other cheek island (or whatever davey and mark call it) is going after the radio host  

you can harass people as long as you say "HECK" instead of "FUCK"!

I just saw on twitter that the radio host from yesterday is still going on about "the blink news" and just said that she's gonna talk about it in 10 minutes, but maybe she'll just say that she was wrong about Tom (?)

do we have to listen to that radio again? 

• Haha 1

she also mentioned mark's comments on reddit and she's saying that she was harassed and some people told her to die, but she still believes that tom is back and they just haven't announced it yet  

• Haha 1