The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don’t see why anyone would care about a performance/performer on a show they have no intention of watching anyway.

Lol did you see what happened to the blink subreddit yesterday all because of mark and Tom posting some old pictures? People are always gonna speculate and care way too much 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Lol did you see what happened to the blink subreddit yesterday all because of mark and Tom posting some old pictures? People are always gonna speculate and care way too much 

I don’t follow any of that, Reddit isn’t for me. They’re a special breed.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don’t follow any of that, Reddit isn’t for me. They’re a special breed.

Yea I’m just saying people are gonna care and bitch and moan. I’m sure people will expect me to lose my shit if Mark, Travis, and MGK perform together but I’m indifferent to it. As long as MGK doesn’t join blink officially lol 

NINE was a solid album, I just don't play it enough. Darkside is the best Blink single post the first hiatus.

The song that I really changed my opinion on is Ransom. I was not a fan when it first came out but I genuinely really like it now. 

Blame it on my youth though is the worst blink song ever. I think releasing that first killed the hype tbh, they released too many tracks too. They should have released pin the grenande and most of the fan base would have lost their minds, pin the grenade hits you straight away, it’s not a grower, in fact it loses its appeal the more you listen to it but if you take a break and listen to it now and again it’s a brilliant pop punk track and probably blinks best chorus in years 

• Like 3

i relistened to nine not long ago and found it very mid-tier. it doesn’t work quite as well as cali because it doesn’t stick to one sound, and clearly sounds like a band lost in step with the times and lost in purpose. it can’t figure out what to do with matt, like kay said he’s relegated to screaming banshee man mostly. there’s some interesting musical moments — the outro of NHTSO comes to mind. and some of the lyrics aren’t bad in spots (heaven), but they frequently feel out of character. there’s things like the imagine dragons pastiche RTFM that just evoke groans even now.

all said, i’m fond of quite a few tunes on nine, especially pin the grenade for some reason, which i’ve always enjoyed.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm just gonna say it.

Blame It On My Youth is catchy as fuck. I don't think I liked it initially but this song is great idc.

BIOMY has all of the classic blink ingredients wrapped up in a modern sheen.  It's definitely one of my favorite Matt-era songs. 

I have no idea why it is hated so much.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

11 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

BIOMY has all of the classic blink ingredients wrapped up in a modern sheen.  It's definitely one of my favorite Matt-era songs. 

I have no idea why it is hated so much.

I think it's mainly shit on because it didn't pack the required punch of a lead single and it flopped on charts. I really like the song to this day, it's chill and modern

• Like 1

Yeah I'm no fan of Nine but BIOMY isn't bad to me. It reminds me of Bleachers who I also like, and it feels like a pretty natural mix of Blink ingredients + 80s new wave + modern pop rock production. Not the worst of Nu Blink by a long shot.

(whoops just got to the bridge while re-listening, damn that's bad haha)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1