The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just now, Ghent said:

Yeah, I think Skiba is a nice guy, but his satanic thing is weird. I'm not offended by it, it's just not very "cool" imo and doesn't mesh well with blink culture.

Yea exactly. It doesn’t offend me at all but it’s just silly. And definitely doesn’t fit with blink culture. I saw an interview not too long ago with blink and they were asked about their preshow rituals or something and Skiba mentioned doing something stupid with the Bibles in the hotel rooms. I can’t remember what it was exactly but I just remember thinking “ wowwwww you’re so edgy bro” lol 

Christ what a bunch of shite takes.

I got into blink at 10 years old and alkaline trio two years later. Been one of my favourite bands since and Skiba has influenced my writing style on electric as much as Tom has.

I fucking love the dude. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Kay said:

I got into blink at 10 years old and alkaline trio two years later. Been one of my favourite bands since and Skiba has influenced my writing style on electric as much as Tom has.

I fucking love the dude. 

I like the sekrets song lucifarian blues a lot but I just can’t get down with ak3. I didn’t wanna hate hard because I still give them respect, it’s just not for me. I def wouldn’t say skibas offered better work in blink lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

I fucking love the dude. 

Trio has been my 2nd favourite band forever. Skiba one of my favourite songwriters ever. All his side projects as well as trio stuff is amazing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

He’s not the “riff” guy and I never really understood the choice of him in blink- I still maintain Justin Pierre would’ve been better - but he’s such a good songwriter, it’s been very frustrating not seeing his “spark” in blink. Its like all the ingredients are there for cookies and someone made a fucking salad instead.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Starting the day with From Here to Infirmary now. Fuck ya’ll. except Kay. You’re cool.

My first alk3 record, Private Eye still rips me in the tits whenever it starts. 

I listen to trio more than blink, how anyone can find them boring or uncreative is beyond me..

Blink one of the biggest bands wanted skiba to replace fucking tom delonge for christ sake that should show how highly rated he is to them.

Toms not joining blink for an album thats for sure and skiba isnt getting booted out the band.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

I like the sekrets song lucifarian blues a lot but I just can’t get down with ak3. I didn’t wanna hate hard because I still give them respect, it’s just not for me. I def wouldn’t say skibas offered better work in blink lol 

I thought the Satanic stuff was too edgelord for you? (Luciferian Blues is great though.)

29 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

I listen to trio more than blink, how anyone can find them boring or uncreative is beyond me..

Blink one of the biggest bands wanted skiba to replace fucking tom delonge for christ sake that should show how highly rated he is to them.

Toms not joining blink for an album thats for sure and skiba isnt getting booted out the band.

Just because blink wanted Skiba doesn’t mean that I have to bow down to him lol. Look at how they’ve utilized him, doesn’t seem they respect him that much after all tbh 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, Ghent said:

I bet half the cats on this board have only listened to NINE 2-3 times, assumed Feldmann produced it all, took their shits on it early for points, and never to listened to it again.

I've only listened to it eight times. Excluding that time I was drunk.