The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

What I loved about Untitled is that blink took the same simple building blocks they always had but managed to find range and expand anyway. They wanted to try something different and they pulled it off according to most. 
its not perfect, theres definite misfire moments, but by and large it’s an enjoyable effort and a definite highlight in their discography. I love darker blink, always have and always will.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

What I loved about Untitled is that blink took the same simple building blocks they always had but managed to find range and expand anyway. They wanted to try something different and they pulled it off according to most. 
its not perfect, theres definite misfire moments, but by and large it’s an enjoyable effort and a definite highlight in their discography. I love darker blink, always have and always will.

and that's a totally fair assessment. i can be critical of a piece of art without shitting on anybody else's take. that's the nature of critique.

i think my description of the songs is aesthetically accurate. but those same descriptions can lead to a variety of conclusions. i told a friend once that "always" was just sewn together from other blink songs and they said i know and that's what i love about it. for them the song was like a greatest hits showcase of the entire band's style.

again, my bias is as a cheshire cat SOMA rat. everyone's mileage is gonna vary.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

I do appreciate the effort they made to expand and recreate themselves. It’s just not the blink I love personally 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Funko Pop Salesman_182 said:

Wait, is Skiba really satanic?

Cringe

No, not really. It’s overblown, he just likes gothier shit. The pledging to the church of satan thing was mostly a joke.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Explain mostly 

I am probably not remembering the details right but I’m pretty sure they joined the church of satan in response to people being pissy over them having like, horror / goth references in their music and shows. It was like a “fuck it sure we’re satanists fuck off” kind of thing.

Please other alk fans correct me if I’m wrong.

37 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

and that's a totally fair assessment. i can be critical of a piece of art without shitting on anybody else's take. that's the nature of critique.

Well mate if you had better takes I wouldn’t have to shit on them. 

• Like 2

Never done this before, but I'll give it a shot

Feeling This 10/10

Obvious 10/10

I Miss You 10/10

Violence 10/10

Stockholm Syndrome 10/10

Down 10/10

Fallen Interlude 9/10

Go 10/10

Asthenia 10/10

Always 10/10

Easy Target 10/10

All of This 10/10

Here's Your Letter 10/10

I'm Lost Without You 10/10

Not Now 10/10

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

F72-BDE37-385-C-4532-B2-DD-A7849-AB8-BB2
shit like this is what I find super cringe. Like what, you got in a gun fight with another whiny suburban emo band? Lol gimme a break 

You realise they don’t walk around like this right? It’s a photo shoot. They’re told what to wear.

• Like 1

Just now, Russel Coight said:

You realise they don’t walk around like this right? It’s a photo shoot. They’re told what to wear.

If I was in a band I would not do that lol. I dunno, I’m done tho I’m not gonna keep ripping them there’s no reason for that. I truly got nothing against them, just not my thing 

29 minutes ago, boxelder said:

about untitled: the sound blink made famous was becoming an artistic dead-end by TOYPAJ… there’s only so much mileage you can get out of straightforward pop punk.

what's wrong with artistic dead-ends and who cares about mileage?

3 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

I just think the whole satanic imagery is edgelord try hard stuff 

here's one i saw online recently...

If I'm supposed to worship God because he's all powerful, but the devil is powerful enough to rival God...why shouldn't people worship Satan? If the goal is to tap into a higher power, then the devil is apparently a valid option.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1