The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Good God this is horrible! MGK doing what he does best, cosplaying guitar. Not even fucking playing, you can see he stops strumming and the guitar keeps going. How any of his fans still make up excuses for this shit is beyond me. Just put the fucking guitar down and sing, because that’s all you’re doing. Quit acting like you’re a guitar player when you’re not. ATST is literally the easiest song in the history of the universe to play on guitar. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

Just now, Speedo said:

You gotta let MGK go, man. It’s not worth it.

Lol I just can’t with his fans on Reddit. Their response to him obviously not playing the guitar is “who cares, everybody does that.” Lol NO they don’t, some people actually play the instruments they walk on stage with 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Lol I just can’t with his fans on Reddit. Their response to him obviously not playing the guitar is “who cares, everybody does that.” Lol NO they don’t, some people actually play the instruments they walk on stage with 

They’re mostly kids, leave them to their bullshit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

MGK is obviously just a fuck boy. No idea why you let him rattle you so much haha 

Lol it’s more so the fans. The people who don’t care whether an artist is actually “real” or not, and defend lip syncers and fake performers 

Just now, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Lol it’s more so the fans. The people who don’t care whether an artist is actually “real” or not, and defend lip syncers and fake performers 

It’s all just entertainment. It doesn’t matter. Art is dead and only the failures are pretentious.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Good God this is horrible! MGK doing what he does best, cosplaying guitar. Not even fucking playing, you can see he stops strumming and the guitar keeps going. How any of his fans still make up excuses for this shit is beyond me. Just put the fucking guitar down and sing, because that’s all you’re doing. Quit acting like you’re a guitar player when you’re not. ATST is literally the easiest song in the history of the universe to play on guitar. 

Thanks man.  The discord stuff was getting aggravating.  Good to get back to some more normalcy. 

MGK kilt it tho #sick

3 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

I mean:

1) given MGK’s persona, what did you expect his fans to be like? I don’t even know why you’d engage with them.

2) most top 40 artists are guilty of things just as bad if not worse with lip syncing, auto tune, ghost writers, etc. Not sure why this is so offensive or shocking to you…

4 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

The thing is, most his fans know it's not real as you're deluding.  Much like Lil Wayne playing guitar for his rock saga.  Most people know it's purely entertainment and they do not care.

21 hours ago, Speedo said:

I started citalopram last Saturday, I’ve been shitting water since!

Nice man, I hope that helps you out in your journey we call life. I don’t know shit about these medicines, I was never on an anti-depressant in my life until this past fall when life was just too much for me. My doctor put me on Effexor but I only took it for a month or two then stopped. I haven’t been on anything since February, so I still have a full bottle of the shit. I just didn’t like some side effects and I’m trying to just do this thing called life without if I can, but I dunno. Sometimes I think I should go back on. 

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I hate lip syncing and mainstream pop as much as the next guy, but there's so much more to hate that it comes quite far down on my list. 

Exactly! I mean there’s friends chatting together in a discord channel ffs! Lip syncing should be the least of our worries.