The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

lol I’m sure you could really see. This video I posted clearly shows he’s not playing, he’s barely credited for guitars on his record, but ok bud. He’s a modern day Eddie Van Halen according to his fans! 😂

He plays guitar, you can watch him do it in any number of live performances.  Pretend he doesn’t if that’s what really gets your rocks off, idc.  You’re just wrong.

anyways, here’s Title Track by MGK and it’s better than anything blinks done in 15 years.

And here’s Concert for Aliens, also better than anything blinks done in 15 years.  

I know it’s tough to see it laid out all plain and simple like this for you, has to hurt a little I guess.  

Hes tremendously talented, and he made a great pop punk album (two in my opinion but debatable).  Deal with it you big ol hater.

• Love 1
  • Crab 1

29 minutes ago, scoobs said:

He plays guitar, you can watch him do it in any number of live performances.  Pretend he doesn’t if that’s what really gets your rocks off, idc.  You’re just wrong.

anyways, here’s Title Track by MGK and it’s better than anything blinks done in 15 years.

And here’s Concert for Aliens, also better than anything blinks done in 15 years.  

I know it’s tough to see it laid out all plain and simple like this for you, has to hurt a little I guess.  

Hes tremendously talented, and he made a great pop punk album (two in my opinion but debatable).  Deal with it you big ol hater.

You’re not laying anything out for me, lol those songs are trash! Chances are he isn’t even playing guitar on them (credited for guitar on less than half the album!). If he’s such a great guitarist, why did they only let him play guitar on 5 out of 12 songs on his own album? Why does he need backing tracks and backup guitarists to play all the small things, the most simple one guitar track song ever recorded? It’s clear he doesn’t even play that song the whole way through and you don’t hear any extra guitar or less guitar when he’s playing or not playing. Maybe you just don’t have an ear/eye for these sort of things and that’s okay. And nothing he’s done is better than blink, that’s so silly to say.  It’s okay to like him but you should be more realistic about his capabilities and what he’s actually doing. That’s all, I got nothing but love for you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

You’re not laying anything out for me, lol those songs are trash! Chances are he isn’t even playing guitar on them (credited for guitar on less than half the album!). If he’s such a great guitarist, why did they only let him play guitar on 5 out of 12 songs on his own album? Why does he need backing tracks and backup guitarists to play all the small things, the most simple one guitar track song ever recorded? It’s clear he doesn’t even play that song the whole way through and you don’t hear any extra guitar or less guitar when he’s playing or not playing. Maybe you just don’t have an ear/eye for these sort of things and that’s okay. And nothing he’s done is better than blink, that’s so silly to say.  It’s okay to like him but you should be more realistic about his capabilities and what he’s actually doing. That’s all, I got nothing but love for you 

His songs and albums are good, at least enough to be very popular, kinda like blink 182 back in the early 00s.  

I don’t care if he’s playing guitar or not (and he is!).  Your hate for him is fucking weird.  It’s super duper weird.

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

My two favorite tracks by him. Scoobs nailed it again.

I will say, I definitely don't go to him for 'guitar' licks. Not sure what Diddy's on. I think he keeps wanting to find someone else here to hate on him with, but it isn't changing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scoobs said:

His songs and albums are good, at least enough to be very popular, kinda like blink 182 back in the early 00s.  

I don’t care if he’s playing guitar or not (and he is!).  Your hate for him is fucking weird.  It’s super duper weird.

It’s not weird, and I’m hardly the only one who realizes this shit and makes fun of MGK for it. I’m just the most pronounced one about it on this board. Go anywhere else where there are fans of music and MGK gets shit on hard. Believe it or not, some people actually care about authenticity. He has ZERO of that. Carry on 

8 hours ago, Funko Pop Sales said:

My two favorite tracks by him. Scoobs nailed it again.

I will say, I definitely don't go to him for 'guitar' licks. Not sure what Diddy's on. I think he keeps wanting to find someone else here to hate on him with, but it isn't changing.

See above comment. It’s fucking lame to act like you’re playing guitar but you aren’t. It’s even more lame to support an “artist” who does that. Shits fake and inauthentic and always will be. Plus the music is pure cringe 

8 hours ago, Funko Pop Sales said:

Honestly if you took Blink 182 and Van Halen, mixed it together then had a baby with Eminem (Marshall), you'd sort of get M.G.K.

That's what I'm going to tell my grandkids when they ask how to explain MGK to them in his heyday.

Just stop it. Your comment last night and this one are some of the dumbest things you’ve ever said. If MGK is anything at all resembling EVH, then I’m fucking Eric Clapton. Just stop with that nonsense 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

See above comment. It’s fucking lame to act like you’re playing guitar but you aren’t. It’s even more lame to support an “artist” who does that. Shits fake and inauthentic and always will be. Plus the music is pure cringe 

they're just giving you a hard time diddy, we all know that it's lame but i believe his average fans don't ever care about the fact that he's on stage with a guitar. 

I didn't know that rumor about Skiba @Kay, did LJG say that in one of her books? I've been meaning to read Tranny since it came out but I always forget to buy the book. I've seen Alk3 live 4 or 5 times but they didn't sound like they had an extra guitar in the mix.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Elisa said:

they're just giving you a hard time diddy, we all know that it's lame but i believe his average fans don't ever care about the fact that he's on stage with a guitar. 

I didn't know that rumor about Skiba @Kay, did LJG say that in one of her books? I've been meaning to read Tranny since it came out but I always forget to buy the book. I've seen Alk3 live 4 or 5 times but they didn't sound like they had an extra guitar in the mix.  

Well I brought it up, so it’s fair for them to talk about it and state their opinions. I don’t have any hard feelings, I like Scoobs and Jan. Good people, bad taste in music 😜

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, it's from Tranny.

4C5O5DL.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pong said:

why would anyone name himself machine gun kelly

Especially a dude that doesn’t even know how to operate a Machine Gun…😂. Same exact reason that he tries to act like he’s a guitar player..all about the image and not actual talent or authenticity. Don’t forget he literally is an ACTOR