The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

26 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Casually used to like Clapton.  Too bad he's a racist and an anti-vaxxer.

Ahhh oh yea that’s right, I forgot about him being crazy along those lines. I don’t usually pay him any mind, I just use him as a casual “bar” I set for playing guitar. Like I’ll tell people when I play, don’t expect me to sound or play like Clapton lol…I have no clue why he’s my example. Probably because my dad always listened to him 

2 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

It’s not weird, and I’m hardly the only one who realizes this shit and makes fun of MGK for it. I’m just the most pronounced one about it on this board. Go anywhere else where there are fans of music and MGK gets shit on hard. Believe it or not, some people actually care about authenticity. He has ZERO of that. Carry on 

I think it’s very odd behavior, but I suppose you think it’s normal so we’re at an impasse yet again!

27 minutes ago, scoobs said:

I think it’s very odd behavior, but I suppose you think it’s normal so we’re at an impasse yet again!

So was it weird when people shat on Ashlee Simpson for being caught lip syncing? He’s doing the same thing..she was acting like she was singing when she wasn’t, he’s acting like he’s playing guitar when he’s not. Was it weird when people wanted to take back Milli Vanilli’s Grammy when it was discovered they weren’t the ones singing on their own records? Ya know kid, there was a time when this shit actually mattered to the majority…now unfortunately it’s the minority who give a fuck about real talent…but it’s certainly not weird. It’s weird to root and cheer on someone who’s acting like they’re doing something they’re not. 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

So was it weird when people shat on Ashlee Simpson for being caught lip syncing? He’s doing the same thing..she was acting like she was singing when she wasn’t, he’s acting like he’s playing guitar when he’s not. Was it weird when people wanted to take back Milli Vanilli’s Grammy when it was discovered they weren’t the ones singing on their own records? Ya know kid, there was a time when this shit actually mattered to the majority…now unfortunately it’s the minority who give a fuck about real talent…but it’s certainly not weird. It’s weird to root and cheer on someone who’s acting like they’re doing something they’re not. 

It's cuz she got caught. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

how the fuck is eric clapton racist? 

this has been known for a long long time. since the 1970s.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-clapton-vaccine-lockdown-racist-comments-1239027/

the who's pete townshend organized a famous "rock against racism" festival purely in response to clapton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

this has been known for a long long time. since the 1970s.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-clapton-vaccine-lockdown-racist-comments-1239027/

the who's pete townshend organized a famous "rock against racism" festival purely in response to clapton.

That’s cute except for Pete himself is a pedophile. Maybe that’s why MGK decided to play the Schecter PT