The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

That’s cute except for Pete himself is a pedophile. Maybe that’s why MGK decided to play the Schecter PT 

As was Bowie, Elvis, MJ etc sorry to break it you people but most celebrities are pieces of shit. That’s why I hate them all apart from a select few 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

this has been known for a long long time. since the 1970s.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-clapton-vaccine-lockdown-racist-comments-1239027/

the who's pete townshend organized a famous "rock against racism" festival purely in response to clapton.

I definitely think it would be shitty to judge his entire character on things he said when he was in a bad period, but I think the way he tried to defend it in later years is even cringier. 

33 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I'm still not sure about this. I'm gonna read his book soon. 

His book probably doesn’t say “oh yeah I’m a huge nonce” just fyi

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

That's true. But I guess it's best to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I think he used his card to buy some CSAM and he was arrested and put in the sexual offender registry. He has always said that he was doing a research for a charity or something. Maybe he'll actually talk about it in his book. 

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think he used his card to buy some CSAM and he was arrested and put in the sexual offender registry. He has always said that he was doing a research for a charity or something. Maybe he'll actually talk about it in his book. 

Research? 😬

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

It is interesting that they found no evidence that he downloaded anything. But I also find it odd that a lawyer advised him not to report anything... it was nearly 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I thought there were procedures in place to report CSAM.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It is interesting that they found no evidence that he downloaded anything. But I also find it odd that a lawyer advised him not to report anything... it was nearly 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I thought there were procedures in place to report CSAM.

The book never came out and I don't think this is how you do research on CSAM, but it looks like he was investigated thoroughly. 

What he says seems kinda unbelievable, but in a way it makes it more believable because why would he make that up? 

All I know that the book is gonna be a dark read. I know he was abused as a kid and I guess it's always sad when the abused become the abusers as adults, but it must really be even worse if people don't believe their innocence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

What he says seems kinda unbelievable, but in a way it makes it more believable because why would he make that up? 

All I know that the book is gonna be a dark read. I know he was abused as a kid and I guess it's always sad when the abused become the abusers as adults, but it must really be even worse if people don't believe their innocence. 

Let us know how it was when you've read it

6 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

As was Bowie, Elvis, MJ etc sorry to break it you people but most celebrities are pieces of shit. That’s why I hate them all apart from a select few 

You ain’t lyin 

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

What is csam?

10 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Except Michael Jackson wasn't actually one himself. All accusations and media coverage pertaining to it were debunked and proven false. Even then, there's literally no iota of evidence for it, and he was declared Innocent from all the charges brought against him.

Don't know much about Bowie and Elvis though, so I can't say.

• Pickle 1