The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just a random (probably not original) thought but I believe there are two possibilities for Blink moving forward:

-Tom is back (more likely scenario IMO); or

-they continue as a two member band without Matt, but potentially with a bunch of guest appearances to fill in (or just a nameless buddy of Travis’ playing guitar for the Mark vocal songs).

I put a lot of weight on the Matt comment. I also recall seeing something a couple years back where Mark (I believe?) said something along the lines of “we have no idea where Matt is right now” or him missing rehearsals or something? Might have been a precursor to drama, but they’ve been good about keeping it tight lipped.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Except Michael Jackson wasn't actually one himself. All accusations and media coverage pertaining to it were debunked and proven false. Even then, there's literally no iota of evidence for it, and he was declared Innocent from all the charges brought against him.

Don't know much about Bowie and Elvis though, so I can't say.

I mean, regardless of whether anything nefarious went down and that the Leaving Neverland stuff was bogus..he still had an entire creepy kingdom place where kids would stay overnight.  None of their parents seemed like anything other than the pieces of shit that sell their kids out (which was half of the leaving neverland stuff) which I doubt that part was at all false.

Elvis met his wife when she was 14 years old, he was 25.  They married when she was 21 though.  I don't know much more than that, but many found that creepy or grooming someone.  Much more normal back then to have young marriages, but still got flack for that.  Jerry Lee Lewis legit married his 13 year old cousin when hew as 22 and got blacklisted from the UK because of it. 

55 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Except Michael Jackson wasn't actually one himself. All accusations and media coverage pertaining to it were debunked and proven false. Even then, there's literally no iota of evidence for it, and he was declared Innocent from all the charges brought against him.

Don't know much about Bowie and Elvis though, so I can't say.

That’s cute. There’s a lot of people who will offer the same defense for DeShaun Watson, when he was clearly guilty of being a POS predator. Same for MJ..not everything has been debunked, that’s just YOUR narrative. 

The thing with MJ is that even people some boomers in my family who would be quick to castrate any celebrity that was accused of being a creeper, yet still have reservations about doing saying that about Michael.  He was like their whole generation's music icon, he was the king of pop, so it was hard to admit even when people from our generation see it as is, extremely creepy.  

I imagine it'd be like if we saw this happen to Justin Timberlake or someone massive during our time that never seemed like a creep until we reached our later years and all this came out.  I'd probably have a hard time conceptualizing or accepting all of the backstreet boys or Nsync being major creeps or something if that were the case.

With MJ at the very least you have creepy unhealthy codependent obsessive relationship between an adult celebrity & child celebrity that includes sleepovers. Sleeping in the same bed, having vacations with MJ and all the other creepy stuff will never be okay. At worse we have full blown sexual abuse.

• Like 2

I think the reason people struggle with MJ is because his own upbringing was so wrought with insanity that him being “child minded” makes enough sense that it adds doubt to the obvious.

Im not saying I believe that but I know a lot of MJ defenders and him as totally fucked mentally but not a perv seems to be the preferred belief amongst them.

• Like 1

have never understood the MJ defense, which is pretty much everywhere these days. talented artist sure but clearly a predatory and calculating creep of the highest order, and no amount of his childhood experience justifies or even really affects how he treated children in his adult life. while nothing was ever truly proven, you’d have to have a blindfold on to not see how obvious it was that he was an abuser. throw the whole MJ away in my book. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, boxelder said:

have never understood the MJ defense, which is pretty much everywhere these days. talented artist sure but clearly a predatory and calculating creep of the highest order, and no amount of his childhood experience justifies or even really affects how he treated children in his adult life. while nothing was ever truly proven, you’d have to have a blindfold on to not see how obvious it was that he was an abuser. throw the whole MJ away in my book. 

Yeah I agree with that, but people love holding onto the weird belief that he’s some sort of magic innocent imp man who just gosh darn loved playing with “other” kids

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

With MJ at the very least you have creepy unhealthy codependent obsessive relationship between an adult celebrity & child celebrity that includes sleepovers. Sleeping in the same bed, having vacations with MJ and all the other creepy stuff will never be okay. At worse we have full blown sexual abuse.

5 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

MJ had sleepovers with kids and had a theme park in his garden ffs. He’s a world class nonce. I still love his music but he’s an absolute danger. 

Yes, but the thing is with the sleepover thing is that he would lend the bed (which is Massive btw) to the kids while he sleeps on the floor. Apparently it was also said that he would get anxious if the kids asked to sleep with him (and Rightfully so). Also to note, it's not just children that were there, it's entire families including siblings and parents too. Not to mention his Bedroom (one of many) that he had sleepovers in is literally the size of a house.

Having a theme park is undoubtedly eccentric, but that's less being a P3do than being Rich and doing whatever the heck you want.

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

Talented and Calculating? Yes. An Abuser? No. No children were known to have been harmed in any fashion, Physically and/or Mentally; nor have expressed much dissatisfaction with their time with Michael. The only 4 (out of the Dozens, if not hundreds that have spent time with him) to have come out and said as such, 2 were disproven in the court of law; the other 2, who later in their adult lives only not too long ago made allegations against him to his Estate, had there Narratives challenged and constantly altered for validation, to no avail. 

Not to mention, one of the "victims" that I mentioned who later made allegations, Wade Robson, had testified in defence Of Michael of his own accord back in the 2005 trial. Macaulay Culkin, who also spent time with Michael as a child, was also a witness in Michael's defence who denied and debunked anything about any alleged abuse or molestation that had taken place (at least in regards to him).

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah I agree with that, but people love holding onto the weird belief that he’s some sort of magic innocent imp man who just gosh darn loved playing with “other” kids

Yeah, I'm not gonna deny that, while somewhat understandable, it's a rather flimsy view in regards to his defence. I don't blame anyone who's seen that across multiple people who defend Michael Jackson to have further doubts on him.

7 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

That’s cute. There’s a lot of people who will offer the same defense for DeShaun Watson, when he was clearly guilty of being a POS predator. Same for MJ..not everything has been debunked, that’s just YOUR narrative. 

So I ain’t getting no love for this OG comment? :-(

54 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Talented and Calculating? Yes. An Abuser? No. No children were known to have been harmed in any fashion, Physically and/or Mentally; nor have expressed much dissatisfaction with their time with Michael. The only 4 (out of the Dozens, if not hundreds that have spent time with him) to have come out and said as such, 2 were disproven in the court of law; the other 2, who later in their adult lives only not too long ago made allegations against him to his Estate, had there Narratives challenged and constantly altered for validation, to no avail. 

Not to mention, one of the "victims" that I mentioned who later made allegations, Wade Robson, had testified in defence Of Michael of his own accord back in the 2005 trial. Macaulay Culkin, who also spent time with Michael as a child, was also a witness in Michael's defence who denied and debunked anything about any alleged abuse or molestation that had taken place (at least in regards to him).

Did you spend time with Michael?