The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I just remember Michael being universally hated growing up (not talking about his music, just him as a person), and then when he died suddenly everyone loved him again. It was a really weird and very abrupt 180.

He was a genius with music, one of the greats. He was mentally ill though and did bad shit to kids. It’s okay to love the music and despise the artist.

37 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Looking back, it's clear to me that Travis was never cool. I used to think he was, but we were all fooled because we were kids.

Na, he was cool. Still is in many ways. Fame warped him. You’d be cocky and sell out too if you were just the quiet drummer who became the most famous member of your rock band. 

• Like 1

I'm ready to move on from the MJ subject too (since this is a Blink thread after all), so I'll leave off with this. 

If anyone here cares to know and is genuinely curious about what happened, has Doubts on his "Crimes" or Innocence, or is firm on their belief that he is a Pedophile and a Child Abuser; I implore you to do research on your own time (if you care), And watch/ or listen to videos in defence of Michael that go beyond the "sympathy of his childhood" rhetoric; that actually tackles the allegations and accusations against him. 

This one's not a bad place to start; pretty much quickly summarizes most of this, while providing links to see more in the description.

This guy did a 3 part Video that talks about and debunks all the main Allegations against him, including the 2 trials, and the Leaving Neverland "Documentary".

Although this one only pertains to the 2 accusers from Leaving Neverland, if you're looking for something that isn't one-sided, This one is the most Neutral and Objective viewpoint regarding Michael Jackson.

You are free to think he's weird, that's fine. But you would do well to dig deeper and be more informed on the subject than simply being fed Damning Misinformation from medias that had their credibilities on this topic dismantled.

That is all.

Dr Grande sucks so bad though and has a habit of doing videos without getting all the info first and sometimes he’s blatantly wrong about the facts of the true crime cases he talks about. 

I've seen a few videos of his and he loves to blame the victims, especially if they are women, and he just confirms what people think/strokes their ego.
I never understood why people like him and put him on a pedestal. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thongrider said:

The internet has taught me that when a video is titled "the truth about..." I'm not about to hear the truth if I watch that video. 

That's fair. Though I do think this one in particular is perhaps different to what you may have experienced.

12 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Dr Grande sucks so bad though and has a habit of doing videos without getting all the info first and sometimes he’s blatantly wrong about the facts of the true crime cases he talks about. 

I've seen a few videos of his and he loves to blame the victims, especially if they are women, and he just confirms what people think/strokes their ego.
I never understood why people like him and put him on a pedestal. 

Yeah, I wouldn't know about his other vids. I've only seen this one of his on MJ, and I think he's pretty much dead-on with the facts and his points in it. Though he is admittedly a bit of a slog to get through.

3 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Looking back, it's clear to me that Travis was never cool. I used to think he was, but we were all fooled because we were kids.

Sad realization.  He was way more reserved early on and we didn't know much else also. 

He really is the hot girl that sucks, which is why he's dating a hot girl that sucks.

2 hours ago, Brannigan said:

You are free to think he's weird, that's fine. But you would do well to dig deeper and be more informed on the subject

what's weird to me is that you've posted on these forums less than a hundred times. and ten of these posts are about defending michael jackson, at length and in detail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I get it, I feel for the lad/girl/non binary/giraffe/ironing board whatever it identifies with. They love MJ, I was in denial for a long time too as I also love him, I can separate the man from the art thankfully but the guy was a nonce end of. Tbf to him he didn’t have the best childhood did he, he was probably abused as a kid himself, the music industry is majorly fucked up, I dread to think what he went through himself.

18 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

17 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

Na, he was cool. Still is in many ways. Fame warped him. You’d be cocky and sell out too if you were just the quiet drummer who became the most famous member of your rock band. 

Yeah I think he must have always been WEIRDER than we all thought, but in the early early days he was uncool in a cool way... haha. Like in Urethra Chronicles 1, he's just this legitimately shy soft spoken dude talking about cars and bicycles that he likes, and how he learned jazz drums as a kid or whatever. No sign of the druggy gangsta wannabe he would become a few years later, let alone the social media famewhore he is now. Fame does very strange things to people haha.

• Like 1