The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

26 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

For sure. As much fun as we have critiquing or poking fun or getting frustrated based on what WE would prefer Blink to be like, that's all just fantasyland stuff. He's a great dude with what seems like a great family.

Clearly based on Tom and Travis it's hard to keep your head when you become ultra famous haha, but Mark makes it look easy.

Mark does not make it look easy.   Putting the major health issues aside, it seems like he's gone through several crisis regarding fame and the whole band situation/getting old etc.  Their family looks super but I'm sure they have problems too.

He definitely seems the most level headed of the group but that's in comparison to friggin Travis Barker, Tom Delonge, and Scott Raynor.  Now Skiba.

Not hard to do in comparison.

• Like 2
  • Crab 2

Also, Mark is always my favorite, but I'd say he definitely wants to be in the limelight, a bit superior/more famous than lead to believe.  Not saying he's on Travis's level, god no, but Hoppus on Music?  His meltdown over the results of Neighborhoods? dropping +44 immediatley? Selling out the band to Feldmann and co like it's purely a brand name?  Treating Skiba like a major stand in, etc.

He really wants blink back in the spotlight.  Whether that's the fame or the money, or making up for lost times/income from Tom's hiatus, I don't know.  But sometimes it seems a superiority thing because of their early fame.  Tom is delusional, a dick, but always seemed like the more relatable one with fans (pre-scams).  And still lives in San Diego and what not.  Didn't Mark move to LA to be in the country's largest shithole epicenter of pretentiousness?  I don't know anyone that moves to LA to be the humble anomaly there.

Just saying, I don't feel like he's fully trying to connect with fans whenever Mark is on podcasts/interviews, twitch or whatever it may be.  I think he definitely struggles letting go.

Love his features though on random young artists and his cancer scare and then beating it literally gave me chills, from a fan's perspective.

I'm also not a Mark hater.  Just disagree with the sentiment he's mr. humble.  I don't care really either.

edit: I also realize this was now branching off his upcoming book at beating cancer, which is not at all related to what I'm saying.  Just random discussion's sake for the whole blink tenure, not anything related to that.  

• Like 4
  • Crab 2

3 hours ago, nerf gun belly_slut said:

I don't feel like he's fully trying to connect with fans whenever Mark is on podcasts/interviews, twitch or whatever it may be.

if you'd been hanging out on his discord server for the past two years you would likely have a very different impression.

It all makes sense now.  Mark has a discord server, we are trying to be like Mark and show we have our own channel on there, so he can maybe notice us and jump in one day. Aka, we are no better than blink Italia.  Discord blink82online era = blink Italia 2.0

Thanks Speedo.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, nerf gun belly_slut said:

It all makes sense now.  Mark has a discord server, we are trying to be like Mark and show we have our own channel on there, so he can maybe notice us and jump in one day. Aka, we are no better than blink Italia.  Discord blink82online era = blink Italia 2.0

Thanks Speedo.

It’s cute you think I started the discord.

You know what keeps me up at night? Wondering what Skinhead Rob thinks about this whole MGK thing. If you’ve read Travis’s book, then you know how ride or die Travis and Skinhead Rob seemed to be for each other. I cant imagine Skinhead Rob is a fan of that skallywag and must be embarrassed  of Travis. 

• Crab 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

You know what keeps me up at night? Wondering what Skinhead Rob thinks about this whole MGK thing. If you’ve read Travis’s book, then you know how ride or die Travis and Skinhead Rob seemed to be for each other. I cant imagine Skinhead Rob is a fan of that skallywag and must be embarrassed  of Travis. 

Idk why but “skallywag” wrecked me, interesting choice of insult haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Johnny Fappleseed said:

I remember a tweet from Mark where he said something like "Skinhead Rob is the kind of friend who I also think might someday stab me" lol 

• Haha 2