The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I am totally not surprised anymore ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch-KODkNIl7/

Even though this little-known show was forgotten by most people, this original, extremely rare flyer straight from our archives may help bring back some fond memories from those glorious days! 💫

YEAH RIGHT ?!?! More like Archives from the Blink 182 Timeline Website 😅

Actually I'm working right now on a series that will FINALLY give credit and recognition to the Blink 182 Timeline website, stay tuned!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Even though this little-known show was forgotten by most people, this original, extremely rare flyer straight from our archives may help bring back some fond memories from those glorious days! 💫

Actually I'm working right now on a series that will FINALLY give credit and recognition to the Blink 182 Timeline website, stay tuned!

Fucking assholes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

You guys gotta start posting screenshots. Most of us are blocked by this point.

• Like 1

Was pretty floored when I was at Target yesterday, and saw that their band selection of tees now includes blink-182 and the shirt they had was actually really cool, like the inverse Untitled album cover: https://www.target.com/p/men-s-blink-182-short-sleeve-graphic-t-shirt-black/-/A-86747744?preselect=86075016#lnk=sametab

It looks better in person, the green fades on the side of the shirt with paint effect it has, it's not that harsh line dividing it from the shirt like it was the edge of a sticker or whatever, I also feel like the overall image is a bit larger on the front of the shirt than what is conveyed, but I digress.  I thought it was pretty cool so I picked it up, and I already like it better than my standard Untitled album cover t-shirt.

But all of that is really neither here nor there to what I wanted to address here, blink being in that line of beloved bands with their own t-shirt at a huge national chain like Target or Wal-Mart, I feel like says a lot about how big they've become in recent years.  There seems to have been a resurgence in love for classic blink around the time of the pandemic setting in is when you really noticed it I feel like, I remember hearing Enema and TOYPAJ songs just out and about pretty regularly at that time, probably helped that pop-punk was having a bit of a revival.  It just seems that time is being very kind to this band, where I guess I wasn't always sure that would have been the case, perhaps in some ways blink were a bit ahead of their time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Was pretty floored when I was at Target yesterday, and saw that their band selection of tees now includes blink-182 and the shirt they had was actually really cool, like the inverse Untitled album cover: https://www.target.com/p/men-s-blink-182-short-sleeve-graphic-t-shirt-black/-/A-86747744?preselect=86075016#lnk=sametab

It looks better in person, the green fades on the side of the shirt with paint effect it has, it's not that harsh line dividing it from the shirt like it was the edge of a sticker or whatever, I also feel like the overall image is a bit larger on the front of the shirt than what is conveyed, but I digress.  I thought it was pretty cool so I picked it up, and I already like it better than my standard Untitled album cover t-shirt.

But all of that is really neither here nor there to what I wanted to address here, blink being in that line of beloved bands with their own t-shirt at a huge national chain like Target or Wal-Mart, I feel like says a lot about how big they've become in recent years.  There seems to have been a resurgence in love for classic blink around the time of the pandemic setting in is when you really noticed it I feel like, I remember hearing Enema and TOYPAJ songs just out and about pretty regularly at that time, probably helped that pop-punk was having a bit of a revival.  It just seems that time is being very kind to this band, where I guess I wasn't always sure that would have been the case, perhaps in some ways blink were a bit ahead of their time.

I saw this too but they didn’t have my size.

I do believe this was the cover to the Feeling This single back in the day.

9 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I saw this too but they didn’t have my size.

I do believe this was the cover to the Feeling This single back in the day.

If I recall correctly, the Feeling This single is very similar, but the paint splatters in the background aren't quite the same as they are on the album artwork and this shirt.

Edit: yeah, its similar but not quite the same

Blink-182_-_Feeling_This_cover.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

as someone who knows almost literally nothing about the Kardashians, does anyone know if Travis has been appearing on their show? Seems like if he's part of the family now that he would. But then again I don't even know exactly what kind of show it is, so maybe not.

I don't follow the Kardashians either, but I think I heard that footage from one of Travis and Kourtney's weddings was on the show. I assume he's been on there more than that, but I don't know how much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

as someone who knows almost literally nothing about the Kardashians, does anyone know if Travis has been appearing on their show? Seems like if he's part of the family now that he would. But then again I don't even know exactly what kind of show it is, so maybe not.

Yes, a fair amount. They cover the engagement, there's a scene at his studio early on in the season, they look at houses together, he's present at dinners, they're filmed at their fertility clinic... All Kourtney adjacent obviously, and there's no 'talking head' stuff from Travis, but he's been on quite a lot. More than I would've expected.

• Like 1