The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

21 hours ago, M!ke said:

Was pretty floored when I was at Target yesterday, and saw that their band selection of tees now includes blink-182 and the shirt they had was actually really cool, like the inverse Untitled album cover: https://www.target.com/p/men-s-blink-182-short-sleeve-graphic-t-shirt-black/-/A-86747744?preselect=86075016#lnk=sametab

It looks better in person, the green fades on the side of the shirt with paint effect it has, it's not that harsh line dividing it from the shirt like it was the edge of a sticker or whatever, I also feel like the overall image is a bit larger on the front of the shirt than what is conveyed, but I digress.  I thought it was pretty cool so I picked it up, and I already like it better than my standard Untitled album cover t-shirt.

But all of that is really neither here nor there to what I wanted to address here, blink being in that line of beloved bands with their own t-shirt at a huge national chain like Target or Wal-Mart, I feel like says a lot about how big they've become in recent years.  There seems to have been a resurgence in love for classic blink around the time of the pandemic setting in is when you really noticed it I feel like, I remember hearing Enema and TOYPAJ songs just out and about pretty regularly at that time, probably helped that pop-punk was having a bit of a revival.  It just seems that time is being very kind to this band, where I guess I wasn't always sure that would have been the case, perhaps in some ways blink were a bit ahead of their time.

Target is underrated. Better clothes than most outlets.  Upper wear I should say.

another thing about italia is that he’s always quoting word for word the wikipedia pages (which i wrote) or the timeline and claiming it as his own (which i also compiled and is now mainly thibaut’s work). it’s annoying yes but you can’t knock the hustle really: it takes a lot of work to run a daily page the way he does. i just wish he gave some credit, like “according the blink 182 timeline,” or “as sourced on the band’s wiki page.”

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

according to management, that will never happen.

this is why streaming sucks. buy CDs and digital. own your music and don't rent it from an abusive and unpredictable landlord.

At least music streaming services do allow us to integrate tracks we own for our libraries.  Streaming is never going to have every song ever, but it's pretty fantastic for the gigantic net that it does spread, and you couple that with the ability to fill in any missing gaps that bother you, and I don't see anything to really hate about streaming when it comes to music.  I think the general public needs to recognize that they aren't seeing the full picture when they are looking strictly through streaming libraries, and that is definitely problematic in it's own right in how many people probably don't realize that with a lot of bands on these services. 

But this is at least better to me than video streaming services that remove episodes with no way to fill them in with your own copies.  Like if your service wants to remove the black face episodes of Always Sunny, Community, or 30 Rock, fair enough, but let me be able to do like I can with music streaming, and allow me to fill in those gaps within the same client with my own digital copies of those episodes.

• Like 1

that's lame those bonus track unlike alot of other band's bonus track were actualy great and iconic, especialy stuff like what went wrong,

it would make sense for them to realse toypag digitaly with all the bonus track,

in the mean time if u search  what went wrong in apple music ull find a band who covered it

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Can you even buy the Toypaj bonus cd’s brand new anymore? Or digital for that matter? 

I dunno about CDs, but I'm pretty sure the last pressing on Vinyl included all the bonus tracks on the D side of the second LP.  Kinda wish they separated the bonus tracks differently, I would put all 3 of the joke songs at the very end, and the 3 serious songs ahead of them; alternating between serious then joke then serious then joke, just kinda hurts the experience of listening to the album as a whole in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I dunno about CDs, but I'm pretty sure the last pressing on Vinyl included all the bonus tracks on the D side of the second LP.  Kinda wish they separated the bonus tracks differently, I would put all 3 of the joke songs at the very end, and the 3 serious songs ahead of them; alternating between serious then joke then serious then joke, just kinda hurts the experience of listening to the album as a whole in my opinion.

Yeah I knew about the vinyl. But that was a special edition, limited to X number. Not like you can just buy it easily.

6 hours ago, M!ke said:

At least music streaming services do allow us to integrate tracks we own for our libraries.

But this is at least better to me than video streaming services that remove episodes with no way to fill them in with your own copies.

both of these things are true. i'm opposed to streaming philosophically, so i will never have an account with any of those services. but you are correct, video is far worse.

just get a plex server set up and rip and retain your discs.

As a consumer, streaming music is amazing.

the vast majority of music is at your fingertips for a manageable fee, available across multiple devices and browser access. 

As an artist, it’s shite. People by and large don’t want to pay for physical copies so it loses a large merchandising option for you and the money you make from the streams themselves is incredibly minimal.

bad for big artists but small artists too - my band has a song with over 30,000 streams on Spotify. It’s made very fucking little money. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

that's lame those bonus track unlike alot of other band's bonus track were actualy great and iconic, especialy stuff like what went wrong,

it would make sense for them to realse toypag digitaly with all the bonus track,

in the mean time if u search  what went wrong in apple music ull find a band who covered it

I don’t think what went wrong aged well at all but I love time to break up and don’t tell me it’s over..two of their best songs ever imo 

• Like 1