The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 9/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, Patient #48273 said:

cdbJxNc.png

An update from Oliver.

Such an odd take, when I personally feel like Neighborhoods has been aging wonderfully. I really didn't think it had staying power back in the day, but I've been listening to it more and more lately and I do believe it's only gotten better with time. It certainly has its flaws, but I don't hate it by any means certainly not enough to break it in half lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Such an odd take, when I personally feel like Neighborhoods has been aging wonderfully. I really didn't think it had staying power back in the day, but I've been listening to it more and more lately and I do believe it's only gotten better with time. It certainly has its flaws, but I don't hate it by any means certainly not enough to break it in half lol.

he has the right to hate that album, even say it sucks, i would never want to take that right away from him

id also rather he break a cd, than someone's jaw, this is a good way 2 let out frustrations

itd b probably better for him not to say it sucks but rather that he doesnt like it personaly, for x and x reasons

but its fine if he still chose to say it sucks

personaly, i like neibhorhood alot, i luv how tom brought his ava stuff into blink giving it this nice cold wintery, chill feel, great stuff

prob what tom wanted to do with blink before he left in 2004(or around 2004) all along

"It's like the universe has left me
Without a place to go
Without a hint of light
To watch the movement glow"

when that part kicks in, its fantastic and set the tone for the rest of the record

Nothing happens on Neighborhoods that is inherently better than California or Nine. They’re all three good “late stage” blink albums. Take them or leave them, but they won’t truly live up to what came before, especially when you factor in your subjective point of view at the time of listening. That is the way of music and life in general.

I want another blink album no matter the lineup. There’s nothing to lose by releasing new music imo. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Nothing happens on Neighborhoods that is inherently better than California or Nine. They’re all three good “late stage” blink albums. Take them or leave them, but they won’t truly live up to what came before, especially when you factor in your subjective point of view at the time of listening. That is the way of music and life in general.

I want another blink album no matter the lineup. There’s nothing to lose by releasing new music imo. 

I agree with this overall sentiment, but track for track quality, Neighborhoods + DED > Cali Delux + Nine. The biggest difference makers are Tom’s guitar riffs and production styles. If you take the best songs off each eras, it’s pretty much a wash though; it’s just the weaker tracks of the Skiba era are much more noticeable and common.

Neighborhoods is the only one that ages well for whatever odd reason. I don't know if it's because it's depressing and more relatable not being this famous band sounding album, but it always feels modern enough where as the other albums feel like pure nostalgia trips.  Dude Ranch has always been good, doesn't seem to dip in quality either.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, just_bringing_good_chats said:

he has the right to hate that album, even say it sucks, i would never want to take that right away from him

id also rather he break a cd, than someone's jaw, this is a good way 2 let out frustrations

itd b probably better for him not to say it sucks but rather that he doesnt like it personaly, for x and x reasons

but its fine if he still chose to say it sucks

personaly, i like neibhorhood alot, i luv how tom brought his ava stuff into blink giving it this nice cold wintery, chill feel, great stuff

prob what tom wanted to do with blink before he left in 2004(or around 2004) all along

"It's like the universe has left me
Without a place to go
Without a hint of light
To watch the movement glow"

when that part kicks in, its fantastic and set the tone for the rest of the record

Lol, me saying he had an odd take wasn't meant to be taken as,  "He can't have that opinion!"  Didn't really think Oli needed any defense over my personal observation there. 

12 hours ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

Neighborhoods is the only one that ages well for whatever odd reason. I don't know if it's because it's depressing and more relatable not being this famous band sounding album, but it always feels modern enough where as the other albums feel like pure nostalgia trips.  Dude Ranch has always been good, doesn't seem to dip in quality either.

Untitled has probably aged the best in my opinion (even though i loved that one from the start as possibly my favorite album ever), though Neighborhoods is aging very well as well.