The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

17 minutes ago, Crabless Jan vol. 2 said:

Or go live out in the woods and cut the electronics if it bothers you so much.

People tweak out about targeted ads too. Should they sell your data? No, not without you getting a cut, but them knowing what I search on the Internet is not important to me.  I grabbed a nice hoodie the other day.

Regarding the second part of your post, it’s more the slippery slope argument of losing your freedoms. You can justify every small infringement of civil liberties until you have none left. 

7 hours ago, Speedo said:

"It's not that I don't believe in aliens, it's just I really don't care”.

yup, that's how i feel about god.

7 hours ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

It’s mainly just a fun thought experiment/distraction. Same reason I watch tv shows and movies. 

for sure. and i think what speedo and i are both saying is that we're simply not interested in watching the "are aliens real or not" show. if you like that show, by all means knock yourself out. 🙂

8 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yup, that's how i feel about god.

for sure. and i think what speedo and i are both saying is that we're simply not interested in watching the "are aliens real or not" show. if you like that show, by all means knock yourself out. 🙂

Nah, I like listening to podcasts with experts on it without any fluff or corny bs. It’s weird though, I get interested in the subject for a week or two a few times a year and then get burnt out as it seems to promote a feeling of nihilism and meaningless if we’re just chimps floating in space with relatively low intelligence. 

9 minutes ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

Nah, I like listening to podcasts with experts on it without any fluff or corny bs. It’s weird though, I get interested in the subject for a week or two a few times a year and then get burnt out as it seems to promote a feeling of nihilism and meaningless if we’re just chimps floating in space with relatively low intelligence. 

Dude I’m into some dorky ass shit, like ghosts. I don’t even believe in ghosts but I fucking love paranormal shit. I’m in no position to judge anyone. Enjoy whatever you want, more power to you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

Hey, we all have our weird interests. I actually liked Steve O's mention of the theories on us being junk DNA.

It's only true nihilism if you don't make the best of it.  If you feel there's minimal to no importance to life so make the best of your 60-80 years, that's not true nihilism.

If aliens show up on Earth it will most likely be to plunder us of any relevant resources to them. If they’ve mastered interstellar travel they will be far more advanced than us. Best case scenario is we’re like a zoo showcase to them that they preserve.

The idea that aliens are flying wacky drones around at night that no one can capture with any recording device better than a potato is…kind of unlikely.

The alien talk is fun as a tongue in cheek funny thing. But when people take it seriously as some kind of researcher I cringe.

This is coming from someone who assumes that there is intelligent life forms all over the universe lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If aliens show up on Earth it will most likely be to plunder us of any relevant resources to them. If they’ve mastered interstellar travel they will be far more advanced than us. Best case scenario is we’re like a zoo showcase to them that they preserve.

The idea that aliens are flying wacky drones around at night that no one can capture with any recording device better than a potato is…kind of unlikely.

The alien talk is fun as a tongue in cheek funny thing. But when people take it seriously as some kind of researcher I cringe.

This is coming from someone who assumes that there is intelligent life forms all over the universe lol.

Dude there’s already navy footage of it on multiple occasions.

I think we’re a petri dish they check on, but the possibilities are endless. Probably mostly just probes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

I think we’re a petri dish they check on, but the possibilities are endless. Probably mostly just probes

“Navy footage.” Lol so cringe every time I see someone say this. Nothing is verified at all, quit acting like it is. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ghent said:

I mean, I'm here 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

You took a blink online sabbatical and came back pretty wacky dude lol

19 hours ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

this theory is wild and I love it:

Couple that with historical paintings that show UFOs (baptism of Christ is really the best example) 🤯

7f0618e4b0e7295bb03c6e815759c779

this theory and other theories like it are religious kooks who are trying to find some way to rationalize their beliefs so they attach an "alien" component to it.  In one swoop they can both justify the wacky things they believe while showing "evidence" that a version of it actually happened.

Also this falls apart when it mentions aliens created religion to KEEP us from destroying ourselves? Um...it's actually had the opposite effect lmao.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this theory and other theories like it are religious kooks who are trying to find some way to rationalize their beliefs so they attach an "alien" component to it.  In one swoop they can both justify the wacky things they believe while showing "evidence" that a version of it actually happened.

Also this falls apart when it mentions aliens created religion to KEEP us from destroying ourselves? Um...it's actually had the opposite effect lmao.

Same thing as Qanon and other complex conspiracy theories. Replacing the desire for understanding that most people use religion to satisfy with aliens and cabals and Jewish world orders blah blah yank yank. People go to insane lengths with this shit

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

You took a blink online sabbatical and came back pretty wacky dude lol

I mean, you can abandon all evidence out there including former navy confirming it as well as the pentagon, or just elect to lazily gaslight me. You just spout off woke talking points on here, which is dogmatically wacky. 

1 minute ago, Get divorced for Tom peen said:

I mean, you can abandon all evidence out there including former navy confirming it as well as the pentagon, or just elect to lazily gaslight me. You just spout off woke talking points on here, which is dogmatically wacky. 

appeal to authority fallacy

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I’m atheist but find it’s a fun theory. I think the idea is it taught fundamental values when we were still super basic. Let’s not kid ourselves, we were going to destroy ourselves regardless of what direction we went.