The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, Ixidor said:

It's because they want several more years of a greatest hits setlist

i love to death songs like whats my age again, feelings this and all the small things but the idea, of them playin those songs every single night in the same exact oder for 10 years + makes me want to litteraly puke

and i wont accept that its what they have to do as blink 182

I assume the only time super deep cuts will get a pop is on anniversary album tours and even then… hard to say.

Last few concerts I saw blink play everyone just stood around waiting for them to play a single. This was at riotfest when they were touring Enema (I get it, a bunch of casual fans there) but when I saw them for the California tour before that it was pretty much the same exact thing… only maybe the crowd also jammed out to Built This Pool and like Sober but none of the others off that album, which I found odd.

So I get why blink does it, but never playing a deep cut for the old fans just reeks of laziness. And I blame Tom and Mark and Matt because Travis learned blink’s setlist in like half a day. They’re just old now and have better things to do with their free time than relearn old songs and memorize lyrics and rehearse extra. Fuck, wasn’t the banter mostly the same during the reunion tour? The bar is low, stayed low outside playing Enema all the way through, and I’m just gonna accept the greatest hits at every show from here on out.

Unless there’s ever a new album. Then we’ll get 3-4 of those songs.

1 hour ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

That is all you get whether it’s Matt or Tom or anyone else. Totally irrelevant to Tom coming back 

Do they not play Matt songs now? Cause if Matt is no more and Tom gets back no way is he singing cali or nine songs. Same as RHCP, pretend the last two albums do not exist.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Do they not play Matt songs now? Cause if Matt is no more and Tom gets back no way is he singing cali or nine songs. Same as RHCP, pretend the last two albums do not exist.

He will probably make Mark just sing those songs in full.  IF they were to ever do that, and that's a big if.

Or they just never play them and Mark acts like it never existed like he does with Neighborhoods, +44, basically everything that is not a major radio hit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ixidor said:

They actually don’t really play many Nine or Cali songs. You’re talking like 2-3 on a set, and that was a couple years ago since they’ve even done shows anyways. I don’t know what you’re even trying to say, their set list has remained a greatest hit set list with Tom and without Tom 

1 hour ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

They actually don’t really play many Nine or Cali songs. You’re talking like 2-3 on a set, and that was a couple years ago since they’ve even done shows anyways. I don’t know what you’re even trying to say, their set list has remained a greatest hit set list with Tom and without Tom 

I thought they played cali and nine songs, had no idea it was only 2-3.

What I say is that even these 2-3 will disappear and it will be a 2009 setlist.

49 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

I thought they played cali and nine songs, had no idea it was only 2-3.

What I say is that even these 2-3 will disappear and it will be a 2009 setlist.

It has always been a 2009 set list, there’s no difference with or without Tom 

15 hours ago, NotNow said:

Aaron just posted a story working on the AVA live album, so you can strike the bullet point that Tom made something up on the fly when talking to steve-o to hide he was working on blink from the theory that he’s back.

god can you imagine the work they're going to have to do to Tom's vocals to make this sound anything other than awful?

• Haha 2

On 9/27/2022 at 8:42 PM, NotNow said:

Aaron just posted a story working on the AVA live album, so you can strike the bullet point that Tom made something up on the fly when talking to steve-o to hide he was working on blink from the theory that he’s back.

How do you come to this conclusion with that information? Just because Aaron said he’s working on it now doesn’t mean he wasn’t back then smh

On 9/28/2022 at 3:00 PM, kibbles said:

All this work on a fake live album nobody wants lol

Yea no shit. What the fuck is the point of a live album if you have to redub everything, and then tell everyone you’re working on it, doing guitars for it. That’s not a fucking live album 

9 hours ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

Yea no shit. What the fuck is the point of a live album if you have to redub everything, and then tell everyone you’re working on it, doing guitars for it. That’s not a fucking live album 

Have you listened to The Mark, Tom and Travis show?

2 hours ago, studioexecspeedo said:

For TMTTS didn't they just use the best takes from their tour that year and touch it up a bit? Not any actual re recordings

I think there's an interview with Travis where he says the drums are pretty much the only thing that wasn't re-recorded.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scoobs said:

At least with TMTTS its a live album of actual good music that people want to listen to.  Imagine wanting to listen to an AVA live album.  Wow can’t wait to hear that classic song “Rebel Girl” live!

I'm the first one who's going to listen to that Rebel Girl live recording 10X through, but that's where it stops.

Tom doing Tom things.