The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

10 hours ago, Rickay said:

Have you listened to The Mark, Tom and Travis show?

Yea. I remember when I first heard it as a young teen and thinking, “man, these guys are awesome live!” LOL. It’s how I was introduced to all of those DR and CC songs. I see why they touched it up, but they weren’t going around telling everybody about that. It wasn’t until at least a couple years later I believe that Travis mentioned it in an interview. So it is what it is. I don’t listen to the album much anymore except to hear some of those DR and CC songs with Travis’s touch if I’m in the mood for it. I still think what Tom is doing with AVA is lame. 

1 hour ago, studioexecspeedo said:

Really? Even the vocals? That'd be strange, but oh well, love that album and time.

You can find the shows they used on YouTube, I remember listening. There’s subtle differences , I don’t think they touched up everything, just certain spots 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea it's pretty well documented that it's a classic "faux-live" album. which, all due nods to blink, is very, very common in the industry.

Well have you heard like 'real' live albums?  Just a total yawn fest to listen to without the visual.  I like what they did with it tbh, mainly to just have a few extra songs and travis covering some of the older songs was cool.

• Crab 1

1 hour ago, studioexecspeedo said:

Well have you heard like 'real' live albums?

yea like bootlegs or smaller label live albums (fat's live in a dive series, those are pretty warts and all).

my top live album of all time is face to face's 1997 one on vagrant. i almost prefer it to the actual records. the worst in my opinion is prolly bad religion's tested.

15 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Where’d you see that?

Everyone’s favourite, Jason Tate’s weekly newsletters 

last week:

The last I heard from some little birdies was that Tom was at a festival talking about new music backstage and openly lobbying Turnstile to tour with them.

this week:

and if my birdies are to be believed, we’ve got that Blink–182 tour announcement finally coming as well. I’m hearing arenas—mid-October announcement. I’ve also heard they’ve been writing since early 2022, so I’d have to think new music could be coming leading up to next year’s shows.

14 hours ago, Iced_Fappuccino said:

Never even heard of turnstile. They the next trendy wack bunch of MGKs?

They are not. 

On 10/2/2022 at 4:46 AM, Rickay said:

last week:

The last I heard from some little birdies was that Tom was at a festival talking about new music backstage and openly lobbying Turnstile to tour with them.

this week:

and if my birdies are to be believed, we’ve got that Blink–182 tour announcement finally coming as well. I’m hearing arenas—mid-October announcement. I’ve also heard they’ve been writing since early 2022, so I’d have to think new music could be coming leading up to next year’s shows.

They are not. 

“My little birdies” yea ok bud 

On 10/2/2022 at 3:46 AM, Rickay said:

last week:

this week:

They are not. 

I mean this definitely feels realistic to me.

I don't understand what they plan to do with Matt though. It wouldn't be smart to sever relations with him. Tom is likely to go full psycho douche again once he's got his bank accounts reloaded. Would hate to go back to square one

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I mean this definitely feels realistic to me.

I don't understand what they plan to do with Matt though. It wouldn't be smart to sever relations with him. Tom is likely to go full psycho douche again once he's got his bank accounts reloaded. Would hate to go back to square one

I think a 4-piece is on the cards. Then they can do stuff as a 3 when Tom is ‘too busy’.