The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

49 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

This is that same thing from like 2 weeks ago right ?

Same station but no this is not the same thing. This is brand new from today.

This guys is the vp of rock programming with the station that books their live shows and is pissed off that live nation is fucking over some promotion regarding their Christmas shows. Panic at the disco was supposed to headline night four of their Christmas shows but live nation rescheduled their tour show at the same venue to the end of October. Since that would dramatically affect sales of the radio stations show in December to have a show that close with the same headliner, they had to cancel night 4. So to fuck over live nation, he’s spoiling the secret that Tom is back in blink.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

16 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Same station but no this is not the same thing. This is brand new from today.

This guys is the vp of rock programming with the station that books their live shows and is pissed off that live nation is fucking over some promotion regarding their Christmas shows. Panic at the disco was supposed to headline night four of their Christmas shows but live nation rescheduled their tour show at the same venue to the end of October. Since that would dramatically affect sales of the radio stations show in December to have a show that close with the same headliner, they had to cancel night 4. So to fuck over live nation, he’s spoiling the secret that Tom is back in blink.

I could’ve sworn what I’m hearing in that YouTube link is the exact same from what was linked in this post:

kibbles even mentions 2 posts later about panic fucking him over with that and fuck live nation etc but the link leads nowhere now so can’t check back.

either way I’m trusting that Tate bloke tbh. 

33 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I could’ve sworn what I’m hearing in that YouTube link is the exact same from what was linked in this post:

kibbles even mentions 2 posts later about panic fucking him over with that and fuck live nation etc but the link leads nowhere now so can’t check back.

either way I’m trusting that Tate bloke tbh. 

Oh yea seems like it didn’t realize there was another thing a couple weeks ago. I thought we were referring to back in august when the dj said something and mark got mad. Haven’t been keeping up like I used to.

I like the idea of Tom coming back for a special show or a special tour once in a while, but I feel like if Tom is officially back and blink and Matt is gone, we’re going to get a lot less of blink-182 from here on out. Tom has proven time and again that he can’t balance band life with his other shit. Especially not with two bands.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Jason is throwing out world tour over on chorusfm 👀

How is Tom ever gonna find the time to do a world tour? With directing 99 movies and books and what not.  

You gotta assume it means Matt is still in the band. No way Tom drops everything else he has going and commits to that much blink stuff.

4 piece when everyone is available. 3 piece when Tom isn’t. Is it normal? Nope. But might be the best we get.

46 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I like the idea of Tom coming back for a special show or a special tour once in a while, but I feel like if Tom is officially back and blink and Matt is gone, we’re going to get a lot less of blink-182 from here on out. Tom has proven time and again that he can’t balance band life with his other shit. Especially not with two bands.

We haven’t gotten anything from blink in three years and I’ve barely noticed. I’d rather them just do one big album cycle every five years then whatever we got before. They’re old as fuck now you’re not going to get an every two year full time job blink-182 ever again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

We haven’t gotten anything from blink in three years and I’ve barely noticed. I’d rather them just do one big album cycle every five years then whatever we got before. They’re old as fuck now you’re not going to get an every two year full time job blink-182 ever again.

I’ve noticed. It feels like forever ago that they said they had an entire new album’s worth of material and then they just never released it. Never got that EP they talked about either. Feels like good old fashioned Tom bullshit only Tom isn’t even a part of it. 

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve noticed. It feels like forever ago that they said they had an entire new album’s worth of material and then they just never released it. Never got that EP they talked about either. Feels like good old fashioned Tom bullshit only Tom isn’t even a part of it. 

… I mean… cancer is a pretty good reason. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kay said:

… I mean… cancer is a pretty good reason. 

It’s a good reason to be inactive but I’m confused why they seemingly threw a significant amount of music they already finished and mentioned publicly in the garbage. Unless I’m remembering wrong? I’ll admit I haven’t been following the band as closely these last few years. 

Also the fact that Matt doesn’t seem to have a clue about whether he’s still in the band or not. It all just feels weird. Again, it just feels like the kind of thing that we’d usually blame on Tom.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It’s a good reason to be inactive but I’m confused why they seemingly threw a significant amount of music they already finished and mentioned publicly in the garbage. Unless I’m remembering wrong? I’ll admit I haven’t been following the band as closely these last few years. 

Also the fact that Matt doesn’t seem to have a clue about whether he’s still in the band or not. It all just feels weird. Again, it just feels like the kind of thing that we’d usually blame on Tom.

I think they had an albums worth of material but I don't think it was properly recorded.

• Like 1